How to make a random labyrinth

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Hello all people from Construct Forum,

I'm new developer with Construct 2, I'm making a school project and my ideia is:
My game screen will be divided in two screens in horizontal (like top gear game). I tried to put some images but the site was not accepting external links.

The player 1 start in the top screen and the player 2 starts in the down screen.
And in this two screens i have to create a random labyrinth every time a new game start, but i don't have any ideia to where or how can i start it.
The final objective of the game is, both players try to catch one item in the center of the screen running through the random labirynth (generate a random labirynth in both screens and in the center have a place linking the two screens).

Sorry my bad english, any question, please ask me through this topic.
Can comment in portuguese too if you prefer :)
I can send individually the two images that i made to get easier to undestand my idea.
Thanks for reading.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:42 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maze_generation_algorithm
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:06 am

Thank you mindfaQ, do you have any example using this on construct 2?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:12 pm

B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Took my shot at the randomized Prim's algorithm when the site was down: maze game

Now I saw Yann's solution, so there is no need to show my approach (which is pretty much the same expect it uses 1d arrays instead of the data structure + I loop until generation is complete).
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello again,

Thank you guys, now i think i have enough content to search and study and try create something..

If i create something relevant, i will post here to the comunity study :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?