How to make an RPG Dialog Text Box

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

After searching the forums for a nice, clean example, I couldn't find one that is any good. Most of the ones I found use basic text functions, and the text doesn't "flow" letter by letter nicely.

...SO...

I decided to make a cool RPG dialog box with writing text!! Its very similar to the golden era Final Fantasy games on NES & SNES, etc.

Here is the example you can play in your browser:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77241789/RPG%20Dialog%20Example/index.html

And here is the .capx to download and learn from!!
http://www.filedropper.com/dialogexample

If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP! :D

B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:01 pm

I was just thinking about how to do this the other day. Good job, and thanks for sharing!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:16 am

Nice work!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:28 pm

I've submitted an entry in the store a few months ago with a "template" to create rich dialogues of this style.
Check it out !

It ain't free though... ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:00 am

Wow that one is pretty awesome, and they figured out one problem I couldn't figure out which is if you press space over and over the text will restart (I think I just need a variable though)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:03 pm

link broken! can anybody pass it? or another tutorial pls :c

& thank you!
B

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Message: cloudstrife777 is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 2 URLS removed. Why?
GTGJon wrote:After searching the forums for a nice, clean example, I couldn't find one that is any good. Most of the ones I found use basic text functions, and the text doesn't "flow" letter by letter nicely.

...SO...

I decided to make a cool RPG dialog box with writing text!! Its very similar to the golden era Final Fantasy games on NES & SNES, etc.

Here is the example you can play in your browser:And here is the .capx to download and learn from!! If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP! :D

Hello, this is exactly what I needed, it's for a video, I have no idea how to program. Can anyone upload this? hopefully OP himself sees it and reuploads the link.
B

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:33 am

@cloudstrife777 Hi, I don't have the file any more, sorry. But its pretty much just a typewriter effect over a blue box, so this should help you:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6ihbdyp503c5ej/typewriter.capx?dl=0

I think I had it on space pressed to go to the next text ONLY if the current text was complete.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Message: cloudstrife777 is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
GTGJon wrote:@cloudstrife777 Hi, I don't have the file any more, sorry. But its pretty much just a typewriter effect over a blue box, so this should help you:I think I had it on space pressed to go to the next text ONLY if the current text was complete.

@GTGJon Hi, could you add the blue layout and white font? It should you take like 3 seconds and i will spend days trying to figure out how this works. Like I said I only want this for a video, I have no idea how to program or use this thing.
B

Post » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:48 pm

A really great idea! It will be very useful for me. Thank you so much for share!
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations