How to make custom splashscreen for mobile?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports keyboard, mouse and gamepads. Supports several gamepads at once.
  • Since "Construct 3 splash" is the only Loader style that works when exporting to mobile, how can I swap that image to make my own custom splash image. It is supposed to be one of the perks of paying the subscription fee right?

• Anyone?

Maybe Ashley or someone else at scirra can shed some light on this?

It not very good for a mobile game to start with a black screen for 3 to 5 seconds and then show the construct 3 splash for 2 to 3 seconds before starting, especially when game (apk file) is only 1.9 mb

• The other loader styles should work on mobile. What gave you the impression the "Construct 3 splash" was the only one supported on mobile? You could also use a loader layout to completely customise it.

• The other loader styles should work on mobile. What gave you the impression the "Construct 3 splash" was the only one supported on mobile? You could also use a loader layout to completely customise it.

I have tried using a custom loader layout but it is only shown for a split second after the screen being completely black for about 6 seconds.

• I've noticed the same issue.

The black screen delay is present in both Android and iOS builds. (The black screen before the "Construct 3 Splash")

My builds are also not very large (Android APK: 5.7mb, iOS is 18mb).

Furthermore, for iOS the "LaunchImage" is shown for a split second, before, the 5-6 seconds of black screen, then the "Construct 3 Splash". So changing the launch image didn't solve the issue.

• I've noticed the same issue.

The black screen delay is present in both Android and iOS builds. (The black screen before the "Construct 3 Splash")

My builds are also not very large (Android APK: 5.7mb, iOS is 18mb).

Furthermore, for iOS the "LaunchImage" is shown for a split second, before, the 5-6 seconds of black screen, then the "Construct 3 Splash". So changing the launch image didn't solve the issue.

Thanks for answering! Now at least I know I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I hope it will be corrected soon, people might think the game is broken and shut it down and uninstall it. Not good at all!

• Well, please file a bug for that then!

• First I would like to point out that I started this thread because I thought there was a way to do this that I didn't know about.

Ok here is what I found:

In my case I believe it was the Instant Games plugin that caused the delay. I made a small project and at first it worked fine so I started putting in the plugins that I used in the game that hade issues one by one and compiling an debug apk each time and tested. The problem surfaced with the Instant Games plugin.

Why I put that plugin in there I do not know since it is not supposed to be in a mobile game, Instant game are exported as html5 projects, oh and FB recommends not using custom loading screens for instant games

Have not tested on iOS so I can't say if this is what is causing problems for jagoman

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same, I opened another thread before to see if anyone had the same issue.

Anyway, Ill try removing the FB plugin and see any difference, as I have it too

• Yep, removing the Instant Games Plugin dropped the black screen load time from 5-6 seconds to 2 seconds (for android and iphone). Thanks

Bug posted: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1583

• Are you guys serious?

You add Instant Games plugin to a mobile app, and it behaves odd, and then you file it as a bug!? Instant Games should only be used for instant games, which is obvious.! do not just add stuff randomly to your creations.. also instant games has it's own loader, if used properly as an instant game!...

And also note that it is not allowed to use user information that is not provided by the Instant Games SDK, along with Instant games. also you are not allowed to share app id, or use any other ad system when using their SDK.

• Are you guys serious?

You add Instant Games plugin to a mobile app, and it behaves odd, and then you file it as a bug!? Instant Games should only be used for instant games, which is obvious.! do not just add stuff randomly to your creations.. also instant games has it owns loader, if used properly as an instant game!...

And also note that it is not allowed to use user information that is not provided by the Instant Games SDK, along with Instant games. also you are not allowed to share app id, or use any other ad system when using their SDK.

As I said before: "Why I put that plugin in there I do not know since it is not supposed to be in a mobile game, Instant game are exported as html5 projects, oh and FB recommends not using custom loading screens for instant games". This is also why I obviously did not report it as a bug, it wasn't supposed to be there in the 1st place.

• Are you guys serious?

You add Instant Games plugin to a mobile app, and it behaves odd, and then you file it as a bug!? Instant Games should only be used for instant games, which is obvious.! do not just add stuff randomly to your creations.. also instant games has it's own loader, if used properly as an instant game!...

Of course I added the Instant Games plugin. I can export to Android, iOS and Instant games from a single C3 project file. Are you seriously saying you duplicate your projects just for an Instant Games export?

And I show the different Ads based on the platform its being played on, so everything works fluidly. And obviously load different leaderboards, and disable In-App purchases for Instant Games... and a few other amendments.

C3 is more than flexible enough to handle it all

• Of course I added the Instant Games plugin. I can export to Android, iOS and Instant games from a single C3 project file. Are you seriously saying you duplicate your projects just for an Instant Games export?

Yes I actually do!

I saw you get your "bug" fixed in r101.

• >

> Of course I added the Instant Games plugin. I can export to Android, iOS and Instant games from a single C3 project file. Are you seriously saying you duplicate your projects just for an Instant Games export?

>

Yes I actually do!

I saw you get your "bug" fixed in r101.

Yeah, Ashley fixed my "Bug" pretty quickly ... as usual. THANK YOU!

My game loads perfectly fine, and extremely fast on Instant Games.

FYI with the same C3 Project my export sizes atm are:

Android - 5.7mb

iOS - 18mb

FIG - 2mb

...so not worried about Instant Game load times at all!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)