How to make overlap effect with buildings

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:38 pm

So basically I want so when I go behind a building the roof and body of building become transparent and the floor doesn't. I have that done, but now it stays transparent even after I am no longer behind the building, how do I make it detect that I am no longer overlapping the roof of the building? I do not want to have to add collisions for each building I make around the roof. (I am making a 2.5D game)
B

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Are you doing something like -

add all roofs to a family
if player sprite over roof family
..choose that family member and make opacity less ?

Any chance you can post the capx ?

edit - sorry re-read post

Have you looked at grouping the walls and roof of each building together using an instance variable ? So you can quickly choose which walls/roof need to be hidden ?

How are you deciding when the player is behind the building ? Z position and overlapping or just working on the y position ?RamPackWobble2014-01-17 14:59:38
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?