How To make The screen shake

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:49 am

Message: Jophiel is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Hello wonderful people :D I am almost sure that this question has been posted on the forms before....BUT, for some reason I cant find a reliable post that shows me how to shake the screen when a sprite collides with another sprite in simple terms.. :( ( on a side note, I am sort of a noob)

So if anyone can explain to me and the community how to shake the screen when a sprite collides with another sprite that would be really appreciated, any capx will be great :D
Heres an example of a cool screen shake effect and a good video in general for the community!! :D
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:52 am

screen shake is built into the scrollto behavior.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/102/scroll-to
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:32 am

Message: Jophiel is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
spacedoubt wrote:screen shake is built into the scrollto behavior.

looks good, if possible a capx would be extremely helpful :) showing when when 2 sprites collide, the screen shakes :)
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:50 am

Personally (though for many as well), exploring C2 and experimenting is a much better way to learn than just asking for the .capx, and it's quite simple, so here are the events spelled out so you can recreate them:

Player -> On collision with enemy
Player -> Shake (under ScrollTo)

Happy developing, :).
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Return to How do I....?