how to make windows 10 package.appxmanifest work

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • I'm trying to export a game for Windows 10 but when I open it with VS Community 2015 I can't open the package.appxmanifest to edit the pictures, etc as I could do for win 8.1, and if I edit it manually it gives me error when I try to build the packages

Has anybody found a solution for this?

• anybody else has had this problem? Anybody found a way around it?

• Do you have the RTM build if VS2015? The RC version is not supported any more.

• I'm sorry, I don't know what RTM and RC are

I have VS Community 2015, downloaded a couple of days ago

• RTM = Release to Manufacturer. Probably what you have.

RC = Release Candidate. Usually Beta software.

I too have tried to create a W10 app - the Construct tutorial is outdated and the process simply doesn't work (editing the manifest). My W10 apps wont compile either.

People only seem to answer the 'obvious' questions and legit questions such as this are ignored.

Good luck.

• What error do you get exactly? Could you post a report to the Bugs forum following all the guidelines?

• People only seem to answer the 'obvious' questions and legit questions such as this are ignored.

Good luck.

The number of people who actually try to offer help is not large to start with, and the ones who can answer questions such as this even fewer. Saying your question is being ignored is just a childish statement without any basis or justification.

If someone can help, they generally do, given time.

• ok I created a bug report again. I can not find how to attach a file in it in order to attach the capx. you need. Please don't go close it again and make me start again from zero because I couldn't attach it! If you just let me know how to attach it I will

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • here is where I created the bug report

• Again, for the second time, my bug report closed without answer because I'm missing some piece of information I didn't realize, instead of letting me edit it.

Ashley, I payed 329 euros for this, and I get my questions dismissed without help time after time. I go try the third time then, because I have no other option. Is not fun this, I don't have time to be writing from zero one same thing again and again because you decide to just closed it and therefore I'm not allowed to edit it instead of doing it from scratch all over again.

• paula22 - none of the reports you posted were useful - I need all the requested information to have any chance at all of being able to resolve the problem. The bug report guidelines include all the rationale about why we have adopted this approach after many years of dealing with bug reports. It is aimed at encouraging you to post useful bug reports which we can actually do something about, which helps us help you.

• Ok, here I created it again:

• Ashley, I can understand that and I'm willing to collaborate, but it has a little bit too many rules and I can not understand why it needs to be closed and make people do it from scratch all over again instead of allowing editing it, feels very disrespectful and causes people to spend unnecessary time on it.

• paula22

Ashley, I can understand that and I'm willing to collaborate, but it has a little bit too many rules and I can not understand why it needs to be closed and make people do it from scratch all over again instead of allowing editing it, feels very disrespectful and causes people to spend unnecessary time on it.

... and yet you are more than happy to continue to flout the bug reporting guidelines, thus wasting Ashley's valuable time? Is your time more valuable than his?

Far too many pointless bug reports are posted and Ashley is only one man. How do you think he feels when users continually flout the guidelines? Frustation probably isn't a strong enough term.

If everyone followed the guidelines straight from the off, then the whole system would work more efficiently.

• zenox98,

[quote:2ulg3ovk]"... and yet you are more than happy to continue to flout the bug reporting guidelines, thus wasting Ashley's valuable time? Is your time more valuable than his?"

I don't think I'm wasting nobody's time because I paid for this product, 329 euros. For a working product. I need to use my time to pay for it by doing my own work, while the people who created the product use their time working on the product.

And even if I hadn't paid for it, I don't see how closing a report and making people doing it all over again from scratch helps anybody better than allowing people editing it.

[quote:2ulg3ovk]"Far too many pointless bug reports are posted and Ashley is only one man. How do you think he feels when users continually flout the guidelines? Frustation probably isn't a strong enough term.

If everyone followed the guidelines straight from the off, then the whole system would work more efficiently.

I understand, and I'm sorry for him, but when you do charge for a product then you have to give the client the product. Is not my fault if they sell me a product and then doesn't work. I have my own frustrations with my own work which I have to do myself as well.

And the amount of rules and indications to post a bug here is kind of too much and too strict.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)