how to make windows 10 package.appxmanifest work

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:10 am

@paula22 - none of the reports you posted were useful - I need all the requested information to have any chance at all of being able to resolve the problem. The bug report guidelines include all the rationale about why we have adopted this approach after many years of dealing with bug reports. It is aimed at encouraging you to post useful bug reports which we can actually do something about, which helps us help you.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:33 am

Ok, here I created it again: viewtopic.php?f=151&t=152806
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:36 am

@Ashley, I can understand that and I'm willing to collaborate, but it has a little bit too many rules and I can not understand why it needs to be closed and make people do it from scratch all over again instead of allowing editing it, feels very disrespectful and causes people to spend unnecessary time on it.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:51 am

@paula22
paula22 wrote:@Ashley, I can understand that and I'm willing to collaborate, but it has a little bit too many rules and I can not understand why it needs to be closed and make people do it from scratch all over again instead of allowing editing it, feels very disrespectful and causes people to spend unnecessary time on it.

... and yet you are more than happy to continue to flout the bug reporting guidelines, thus wasting Ashley's valuable time? Is your time more valuable than his?

Far too many pointless bug reports are posted and Ashley is only one man. How do you think he feels when users continually flout the guidelines? Frustation probably isn't a strong enough term.

If everyone followed the guidelines straight from the off, then the whole system would work more efficiently.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:11 am

@zenox98,

"... and yet you are more than happy to continue to flout the bug reporting guidelines, thus wasting Ashley's valuable time? Is your time more valuable than his?"

I don't think I'm wasting nobody's time because I paid for this product, 329 euros. For a working product. I need to use my time to pay for it by doing my own work, while the people who created the product use their time working on the product.

And even if I hadn't paid for it, I don't see how closing a report and making people doing it all over again from scratch helps anybody better than allowing people editing it.

"Far too many pointless bug reports are posted and Ashley is only one man. How do you think he feels when users continually flout the guidelines? Frustation probably isn't a strong enough term.

If everyone followed the guidelines straight from the off, then the whole system would work more efficiently.

I understand, and I'm sorry for him, but when you do charge for a product then you have to give the client the product. Is not my fault if they sell me a product and then doesn't work. I have my own frustrations with my own work which I have to do myself as well.

And the amount of rules and indications to post a bug here is kind of too much and too strict.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:32 am

From the bug report guidelines:

You closed my report without investigating it. I'm offended!
Please do not be offended; we deal with large numbers of bug reports and our aim is to deal with them as efficiently as possible. We want to make sure you get in to the habit of filing useful, detailed, actionable bug reports which we can diagnose and fix quickly. This benefits you as well, since you are more likely to get your bug fixed, and sooner. So it is in everyone's interest that you learn to follow the guidelines to the fullest extent possible for every bug report. We may unceremoniously say that it is closed without investigation, but that is probably one out of 10 or 20 that day, and we want to highlight how you need to help us help you.

If your report is closed, it should be easy to copy-paste it in to a new report and make the necessary alterations.

While we of course appreciate paying customers, unfortunately a bug report without the necessary information does not suddenly become useful just because you've purchased the product. I must emphasise we have been doing this for years and the guidelines are carefully written to help us help you.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:37 am

@JLH1964 did you find a way around this, by any chance?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm

paula22 wrote:@JLH1964 did you find a way around this, by any chance?

No, sorry.

I'd have thought it would be easier for the Construct devs to whip together a simple 'Hello World' program and run it through the tutorial steps - it doesn't work and hasn't for months for Windows apps.

I will play around this weekend if I have time and see what I can find.

I understand that Ashley is busy but we are paying customers and the software is not 'cheap'.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:30 pm

zenox98 wrote:@paula22
paula22 wrote:@Ashley, I can understand that and I'm willing to collaborate, but it has a little bit too many rules and I can not understand why it needs to be closed and make people do it from scratch all over again instead of allowing editing it, feels very disrespectful and causes people to spend unnecessary time on it.

... and yet you are more than happy to continue to flout the bug reporting guidelines, thus wasting Ashley's valuable time? Is your time more valuable than his?

Dude, relax. He just asking a question after laying out considerable funds.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:43 pm

JLH1964 wrote:I'd have thought it would be easier for the Construct devs to whip together a simple 'Hello World' program and run it through the tutorial steps - it doesn't work and hasn't for months for Windows apps.

I checked that Space Blaster exports and runs correctly as a Windows 10 app, so I know it works for at least that. This is why, as the bug report guidelines describe, it is essential to provide a .capx for us to be able to fix any problems. This situation is actually so common that the bug report guidelines describe what is happening in this very thread, and describes how you can avoid this situation by providing a .capx and following the other requirements such as detailing your hardware and software setup, and the exact steps you have followed.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?