How to play construct made games, but without Construct.

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 4:41 pm

abhilash is right, if you don't explicitly tells Construct to export a .exe like "MyGame.exe" it will export a simple file with no extension: "MyGame" you can either re-export with the .exe extension or add the extension of the file manually.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

The wierd thing is, my laptop is virus free, I scan it once a week. When I ''try'' to make a .exe file I think I do everything right. But when I try to find the file, well I don't, I don't find it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2011 2:28 pm

@newt: despite the shortcomings of our documentation I don't think your original reply was at all helpful. Your reply basically amounts to "give up and go somewhere else". Please stick to answering the question in the thread!

Anyways, try turning off your antivirus just while you export - it may see a new EXE file being generated and block its creation for security reasons.

Also, make sure you're exporting to a folder you have permission to access. For example, if you're not an administrator, exporting your game to the root C:\ may fail, because it's access is protected. Try exporting to 'my documents'.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2011 5:47 pm

I usualy a quick learner but this is killing me! :shock: I'll try putting it into different folders. I've tried a few already but I'll try some more. I realy want people to see the game I made in 24 hours. All I need to do to it is putting a score and music in, but that also has me puzzled. I know a damage indicator works the same way but I used another method. The more damage you take, the more red the screen gets. Although I can probably find help on other forums.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 23, 2011 7:18 pm

You could give us some screenshots of each step of how you are trying to export the game. Maybe we could help then.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 24, 2011 12:38 pm

perhaps trying running construct as an admin/ in admin mode, sometimes windows wont let programs create files, let alone an exe, unless they're given admin power
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 pm

I have the same problem . It happens if I don't explicitely append ".exe" to the file name in the export window.
Not only does it not export a ".exe" file, but even if you rename the file to .exe afterward, it doesn't work (ERROR LOADING APPBLOCK).
I know there are other little bugs with the export , but I don't remember right now.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Isn't the appblock error related to Data Execution Prevention settings?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... n-settings

Some of my older Construct games that weren't made on this computer didn't run until I turned off DEP for them.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:03 am

Hi! This is my first post. Hope to make new friends here and to learn more about this amazing engine.

I was facing this same problem... I couldn't convert any .cap projects into .exe files.
It finally worked after deadeye's tip. Thank you so much for explaining this DEP thing!! :D
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic