How to promote an app project?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi all,

We have an app project and a tumblr blog (in turkish, our native) explaining what we do, what is the project about etc.

But there is a problem about promotion. How can we promote this blog?

And we have a goal. We are waiting for reaching 100 followers (we have 9 since 25th of October) in 1-2 months to finish developing and publish first playable version. Otherwise we will quit this project. The idea is, if we cannot reach that goal it will turn out that the project is not a good idea at all and we don't need to bother to develop it. You think this is a good strategy?

Thanks in advance.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:36 am

Difficult to answer I think as many of us on this forum are English.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 am

It's true that since your blog is in Turkish, it kinda means you're targeting your local audience only. You then need to tweet/facebook about this blog and get Turkish people to follow and like your project.

Try to reach for local videogame websites/magazines/youtubers/bloggers/reviewers that could relay your project. Invest in some search engine referencing so that Turkish people can easily find your blog as part of their research.

IMO, it's not necessary because you don't get a 100 people following that the project is not worth it.
It mainly means that you did not know how to promote it and get people to come check it out and keep them interested/coming back. Marketing is a full time job and you might want to get in touch with some marketing service in your country to help you find your audience and retain it.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:20 pm

thanks a lot @producermark11 and @Kyatric as usual :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:37 am

First, extend your audience to an English speaking one. It makes sense if you want to reach more people. You can always add an option between Turkish and English on the blog. That said, I would make English the primary language.

Second, you only get popular by posting great content frequently. Content is king, as they say. Worry less about a trivial number of readers and focus more on creating quality content first and foremost. Then once you have readers, you'll be able to give them a reason to come back for more.

Third, find where your desired audience already is and promote your content to those people. This can be on forums, other blogs, or whatever other communities you can find that are relevant. Your goal is to get your content in front of those people without shoving it down their throats. If your content helps people that shouldn't be a problem.

Source: I run two blogs with 100k monthly visitors between them.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:44 am

same with others, I think making English version of your blog is important. After that I suggest tweeting with a good and relevant hashtag, that can bring visitors (I've tried it)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:24 pm

A late "thanks" for your kind responses :) @true-valhalla and @Daggio

I am back in town after many heartbreaks and disappointments and defeats. Maybe just for another defeat. But I will try my best again to make my living by designing games.

Pray for me please :)

TO QUIT OUR DAY JOBS!!!! TO HONOR!! TO VICTORY!!! TO GLORYYY!!!

THE LAST MARCH OF THE ENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Well nothing more to add, just wish you good luck

regards,
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:58 am

yeah, I wish you good luck as well :)
B