How to reduce amount of layers & 'duplicate' objects

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:28 pm

@lenneart Thanks for that, although I don't really know what to do with the information you provided. I mean I don't know how to implement that in my game. I'm thinking this stuff is just too advanced for me. What I wonder most, is how you guys manage to understand all that information you provide. Do you guys have a programming background?

@edwardr You have only 55 posts on the forum, so you seem to be kinda new to Construct (2), yet you are understanding all that math and coding. What's your background? I checked your .capx but am simply unable to integrate it with what I currently have going.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:26 pm

Rudi55 wrote:lenneart Thanks for that, although I don't really know what to do with the information you provided. I mean I don't know how to implement that in my game. I'm thinking this stuff is just too advanced for me. What I wonder most, is how you guys manage to understand all that information you provide. Do you guys have a programming background?

I do have a software development background, most here on Scirra do not or just a little.
The use of construct 2 gets easier with experience.

The information I provided is pretty much basic, just some instance vars and some booleans.
They picture an event setup and how the flow goes.

From what your saying I would suggest doing some more tutorials, and just follow the examples creating the events needed, soon you will be comfortable applying various of the aspects mentioned.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm one of the few who try to program a Tycoon / strategy game, so function(), families and variables are the first thing what I learned.

integration:
for example (very simple):
function: set text "Buy vacant " & Family.ID

(complicate)
function:
cash >10000
subtract 10000 from cash
set text "You own " & Family.ID
compare Family.ID = Lot1
BuyVacantLot1 Destroy
Lot1Sold to 1
compare Family.ID = Lot2
BuyVacantLot2 Destroy
Lot2Sold to 1

-> on mouseclick on FamilyBuyVacantLot call function(Family.ID)
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?