How to reduce image memory used when a sprite have 1000frame

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • i have a sprite has 1000frame, when i debug game,i only use one frame of sprite,but the sprite est 200mb imagememory!!!

• from frames you can make a video instead of a 1000images-sprite, otherwise you can edit images in bundle lowing resolution (decrease MB but you have to scale in in-game) and decreasing color palette (but those metod you can lost graphic detail..).

i think video at 20fps is better choice in those cases.

• from frames you can make a video instead of a 1000images-sprite, otherwise you can edit images in bundle lowing resolution (decrease MB but you have to scale in in-game) and decreasing color palette (but those metod you can lost graphic detail..).

i think video at 20fps is better choice in those cases.

thanks,but i do not need a animation,the 1000 frame is used for 1000 different heads,i want make a game whit many actor,so i can change frame to change actor

• How big are those pictures? Color depht? You can set png8 from image editor and crop canvas too. Because when expoer C2 build tezturesheets of 2048 px so many you done to put inside one is better

• So you have 1000 frames with different heads? Why don't you split them into 100 different sprites with 10 heads each?

Keep all these sprites on a separate (unused) layout, so that they are not loaded automatically.

Add all 100 sprites to a family, say "HeadFamily".

Then on start of your game layout create an instance of the sprite with the head you need.

For example:

System Create Head58

HeadFamily Set animation frame 3

This way only one sprite with 10 frames will be loaded into memory.

• So you have 1000 frames with different heads? Why don't you split them into 100 different sprites with 10 heads each?

Keep all these sprites on a separate (unused) layout, so that they are not loaded automatically.

Then on start of your game layout create an instance of the sprite with the head you need.

For example:

System Create Head58

I understand well the question only when I read your answers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

For example:

System Create Head58

thanks good idea,do you know how to hot unpdata data.js if my game have a new Edition

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)