How to report a tutorial

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:32 pm

@Sol - just get of my back and maybe do your job and moderate the once stepping over the border! I guess it's easier for you, to fight someone who can easily blamed to bre prejudice!

As you may have read, I said that the above would be my last post regarding that manner, and I started by asking how to report tutorial. Also I tried to explain the danger of unmoderated languages, but as I see now, you seem not to realy read my posts.

I am sick and tierd to clarify my statement, when other are the once that fail. By the way, why should I not post in German if other do in russian, protugues, spanish?Weishaupt2012-02-18 14:38:36
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:01 pm

[QUOTE=Weishaupt] @Arima - since it's only me who gets upset with people ignoring these rules and it seems to be of no further interesst, I will also start posting Tutorial in my native language.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SoldjahBoy]report the problem then move on. Stop threatening to add to it.
~Sol[/QUOTE]

So you should really cool down @Wesihaupt and as you said it yourself "read what you write" and see how it may get interpreted.

Also, as said three times now, a report/PM to moderators/admins is the right way to go.
Also be aware that, as moderators, there is only so-much we can do on the website.
For example, we can't delete tutorials, that's something only @Tom or Ashley can do (as admins).
When Tom gets to see this topic he'll have an answer.
Your reports have been seen/noted. As you said, ultimately Scirra boys have the final word, we're waiting on them too.

[QUOTE=Weishaupt] @Sol - just get of my back and maybe do your job and moderate the once stepping over the border! [...] By the way, why should I not post in German if other do in russian, protugues, spanish?
[/QUOTE]
Well that's kind of stepping over the border too imo. (especialy in regards of my two previous quotes)
You should really take some time of the computer and cool down a little before writting such responses.

Let us keep the discussion here for now and focus on the regional tutorials' issue, wait for Ash & Tom's decision.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:09 pm

@Kyatric - As I said, I will no longer care if there's anything in here that is not in english, as well as I will no longer care to go through the work to translate my thoughts for a tutorial.

I am quite cool and layed back, trust me. And I have met moderators like SOL before. Honestly, I have just tried to find the function to delete my account, because I feel, like I am the only nagging guy and that's the last I want to be.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:27 pm

If you don't want to be the only person who keeps harping on about other languages on the website, there's a much simpler way than deleting your account. You just need to stop keep harping on about other languages on the website, which you've already said you'll do. Problem solved.

As Kyatric said, no action or respose has happened yet because we're currently waiting on an official response, as we don't actually have an official stance on non English tutorials yet. Once we get one, then we'll know what to do. It's OK to bring this to our attention, it's just the way that you've been going about it is the problem. Again, for future reference, all you need to do is PM an admin or moderator. Report the content and your concerns, then move on.

I know you claim to be calm, but it doesn't sound like it when you do things like talk about deleting your account. Relax. Your concerns have been read, we'll discuss it.

That better?Arima2012-02-18 18:31:15
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:29 pm

Sorry we haven't been around for last couple of days, we've both moved flat and it took a while to get everything sorted out.

Tutorials should be in English, but we will be adding multi language tutorial support at some stage. Because I've been put on the spot to define the rules, we will allow non English tutorials as they will eventually be part of the multi language tutorial system.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:32 am

@Arima & Kyatric: It's more the way that some "moderator" seems to do his job, that get's me upset, then the problem itself. At the end, it's Tom and Ashley who have to stand up for things that go on on their plattform, especially if ATAC will come - I explained it in my post.

As I said, I will no longer "note" any language issues and just keep on doing my business.

Wanting to delete my account - what I am still thinking of - is a reaction to the way SOL moderates. Maybe someone should think about a moderation conduct!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:31 pm

@Weishaupt: You should really grow up, and start acting your age.
Picking on moderators won't help in any issue, I think you would have learnt that through your long internet experience.

When a fistful of moderator point ou/flag some aspect of your behavior as going wrong, maybe it's time for some introspection.

And keeping provocating on the issue won't win you any favor.Kyatric2012-02-19 13:02:55
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm

never mind - topic closed - at least for me
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Website Issues and Feedback