How to save & load

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Can anybody help me with this please, How do i add a save & load system to my game? any cap file to show how this work will be cool

• i dont think this is possible even though an action named save or quicksave exists and because of that i think construct is kind of useless... this question was ask another time and nobody answered. Too bad i thought construct is a real alternative to the paid programs...

• Uhhh..what?

Array, INI, and more. Learn them, love them. I don't see why you would want to use the built in save anyway; it's more like a savestate.

• Unknown1111: You should try asking first before determining it's not possible, because both saving and loading are entirely possible! Just because someone's question went unanswered doesn't mean it can't be done!

Dewaldt: Like Tokinsom said, try the array and ini objects. If you search the forums, there are multiple examples about.

• You should code saving and loading yourself with events. The default save&load actions don't always work depending on the complexity of your game. Take a look at the ini object. I'm sure people have posted examples of saving and loading in the past, so search the forums too.

i dont think this is possible even though an action named save or quicksave exists and because of that i think construct is kind of useless... this question was ask another time and nobody answered. Too bad i thought construct is a real alternative to the paid programs...

It's definitely possible, I've coded many saving and loading systems.

and because of that i think construct is kind of useless...

construct is kind of useless...

kind of useless...

edit: Arima and Tokin said the same thing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Think it depends what kinda game you make, there is a kinda basic save and load system but I dont believe it works that super, best way is to use array's and/or hashtable's for it, thats what I think but i'm still learning to

• thanks to you all, finally i figured it out through digging deep into this forum ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)