How to Secure Our Game Idea When sharing with other devs

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi

I don't know if this is a right place to ask this question

I have curiosity about this question

Suppose I have an Idea about Game and I want to hire some freelancer people online to make that game.

then I share my game Idea with them to make and Suppose after getting my idea they reject to make that game and then they Silently make this game for their own purpose. How can i stop them from cheating. Is their anything we can do to stop them ?

• Its really not worth worrying about. If your game design is that good, people will clone it anyway. Try and get to market first!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've not heard of this happening, have you experienced it?

I guess I would just advise to go with a trusted freelancer with a good reputation and maybe have a contract in place with non-disclosure and non-compete clauses.

Generally, I think freelancers are freelancers because they don't want the hassle of everything else you have to do to make a game successful other than actually make the game; e.g. marketing, promotion and distribution; so are happy to just be paid to make your game and move on to the next one.

Also, it's very rare that a game idea is so unique that it would be worth stealing, as most "new" ideas are usually just mix of established genres and mechanics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)