How to setup a scoreboard using firebase api

For educators around the world who use Construct 2 in classrooms

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Message: emmanuel1100 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hi guys here is a video i made to explain how to get the leader board using firebase working. This is my first video and I plan on making more videos explaining how to do certain things in construct 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTG8tf7_Bhs

I will be creating more tutorials on how to use rex plugins.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:16 pm

I couldn't play the video in HD, so I couldn't make out anything on the screen. So that would stop anyone from using it, reupload a higher res version. The highest I could play it at was at 360p - not good for a tutorial video where you need to see things on the screen.

also the music is a little dramatic for a learning tutorial. and not to nitpick but it's "two buttons" not "too buttons"
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi! I totally agree with @jobel

I liked your tutorial but I would add some things:

- attach a sample capx to the tutorial (it is easier to understand it if you have the capx and this way nobody will miss any step or do anything wrong)
- if you do a tutorial on Firebase API, it is very important to explain how to set up the Firebase account and the Firebase database etc.
- I think it is easier to follow a tutorial if you hear the instructions than if you have to read them, but that's only my opinion
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:26 am

Message: emmanuel1100 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hi guys thanks for the reply. And I completely agree with you both, the lack of quality is due to me being so new to the youtube thing. However I will upload an HD video as soon as possible. As for the voiced commentary, I will be doing those as soon as I get the required equipment because I don't want you to hear horrible audio now lol.
Thanks again for the reply and please dont forget to subscribe for more tutorials https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXIcG5 ... dui35g9oLQ

P.S all my other videos are HD.
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm

Has anybody got any update regarding this issue? We really need a capx. That would really help a lot.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 am

Hi guys I updated this video today here is the link. You will also be getting a more detailed tutorial and the capx will be in the last video's description.

Link to playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDdcK6xjjHI&index=2&list=PLzNkveCJxNZEjwdmFbJRdT-erPlrQ-anJ
B
S

Return to Education and Construct 2