How to update a sound file?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Hello all,

I'm wondering if there's a way to update a sound in the editor? (like updating a graphic asset by just loading another file in the animation editor)

Right now, I have to import the updated sound with a new name, changing manually ALL the code lines involved with the sound by the new one then deleting the old version.

That's crazy.

Tell me there's another and easier method!!!!!

Thank you :)

• Hi KaMiZoTo,

I encountered the same issue but no update of sound file has been made.

My ways are:

1. Delete the sound file (e.g. effect1.ogg)

2. Imported the revised ogg file with the same name

I need to recode all steps in Event Sheet but the sound effect remains the same, can some people help?

Thank you very much!

• Yeah it is pretty tedious, it'a a pity that when you import a sound of the same name it doesn't just replace it.

• Hi,

Well, my good practice for this is:

Use Play (by name) instead of Play, because in Play (by name) you put the sound file name like a string, and if you delete the sound file, the action do not change, it will not work, but do not change. And soon as you load the new sound file it will start work again.

NRA

• You could just save as a folder project then paste over the file in Windows Explorer.

• Hi,

Well, my good practice for this is:

Use Play (by name) instead of Play, because in Play (by name) you put the sound file name like a string, and if you delete the sound file, the action do not change, it will not work, but do not change. And soon as you load the new sound file it will start work again.

NRA

I'm going to switch to this method. I usually go through many sounds looking for the right feel. I do wish it did have a replace audio the same way as you can in the image editor.

• Thanks NRABrazil and Ashley,

I will sure try both strategies in my upcoming projects!!

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Ashley :)

I already tried that method but, actually, there 3 differents formats for ONE single sound. (Wav, OGG and MP4 if I remember)

So I have to manually convert the Wav file into the other formats because just replacing the wav is not enough. (tell me if I'm wrong)

So this is definitely not a method I will use.

May be using PLAY by name is a temporary acceptable solution but pleeeaasseee, can you add a REPLACE sound file feature ??!!!!

http://bit.ly/yv8egg

By the way, thanx to all of you for your answers! :)

• Just to say i would love to see this implemented too.(update audio file)

• This still doesn't exist? This is a giant PITA. Ugh. Please change this so you can replace a sound the same way you replace an image.

• Agreed. For a cleaner workflow files should be linked (referenced), not copied inside the folder.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)