How to use C2 on Linux Wine

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Switched over to Mint from the motherload of ass that is Windows 10 last week and have been very happy with the change.

Tasks have become exponentially faster and Mint has no problem working with 2000+ nodes of a vector whereas simply displaying 2000 nodes meant a 3 minute lag for W10.

Anyway, most of the fundamental apps on Windows are available on Linux except C2 and as far as I know the options are:

• Run C2 in Visual Box
    • Run C2 in Linux WITH compatibility layer software that is Wine.

I opted for option 2 and have managed to Install C2 and created a desktop Icon. Right-clicked on the C2 icon and set permissions to read-and-write. But somehow opening the program got me the "Debugger is present" error.

Anyone got this error before? I've done some research but haven't found a solution yet.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Switched over to Mint from the motherload of ass that is Windows 10 last week and have been very happy with the change.

Tasks have become exponentially faster and Mint has no problem working with 2000+ nodes of a vector whereas simply displaying 2000 nodes meant a 3 minute lag for W10.

Anyway, most of the fundamental apps on Windows are available on Linux except C2 and as far as I know the options are:

- Run C2 in Visual Box

- Run C2 in Linux WITH compatibility layer software that is Wine.

I opted for option 2 and have managed to Install C2 and created a desktop Icon. Right-clicked on the C2 icon and set permissions to read-and-write. But somehow opening the program got me the "Debugger is present" error.

Anyone got this error before? I've done some research but haven't found a solution yet.

wine is a rebus, i suggest you install a windows os in a partition for using C2 (dual boot with linux) or using C3 from linux browser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)