How to Use Card Game Object

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:22 pm

I've always wanted to make card games in the Klik games, but it was frickin' hard. When I first tried Construct, I was most excited about the Card Game Object, since it seemed that would simplify things. But I'm stumped on how to use it. Some questions:

I'm assuming it doesn't come equipped with playing card graphics (if so, darned if I know how to load them). So if I create a set of card graphics, how do I connect them to the Card Game Object? I noticed the expressions "if card is black," "if card is diamond," etc. I'm assuming that means the Card Game Object has an in-system set of values that represent virtual cards like "red heart," "black diamond," etc. So would I create an expression like "if card is black + if card is heart" -> display 'black heart' graphic?" What about numerical values? How would I determine if a dealt card is the three of hearts vs a two of hearts, for example? Or does the Card Game object not represent the numbers on the cards and just represents face cards? Are the numbers something I would have to calculate separately with random numbers, etc.? If so, I'm confused, because the description mentions "hand rating," so I'm not sure how the Card Game Object simplifies that.

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 am

Good question lol I tried using it myself and only noticed a few events that it supports. I wonder if it was finished or not.

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:13 pm

It was made a long time ago in a very early beta. I think it needs a lot of work - as you say, I don't think anybody's made a real card game with it, so it doesn't really have a good way to handle the graphics and gameplay of a card game.
Scirra Founder

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic