How to use global Variables?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • hi,

i have 2 questions...

how can access the value of a global variable for a condition/subevent of an event?

can i use defined global variables in every event sheet? if so, how and shouldn't it be displayed as compendium in every event sheet?

thank you :)

• how can access the value of a global variable for a condition/subevent of an event?

If it's global, it appears everywhere. So it should just appear in the 'set/add/subtract variable' system actions.

an i use defined global variables in every event sheet?

Yep, go ahead and try it, it should work just fine. That's the purpose of global variables.

f so, how and shouldn't it be displayed as compendium in every event sheet?

I'm not sure what you mean - they should just appear in the system actions as before. If you don't want a variable to appear in another event sheet, move it in to a subevent or a group and it'll become a local variable. Then, you can only access it in that "scope" (that group or that event's subevents).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • like last time, i forgot to check the options above "System". did think it is listed as object in the main event sheet.

as a global variable, i would recommend to list it in every event sheet.

btw hope u had a nice holiday, Ashley :)

greets xeed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)