How to use JavaScript JDK?

For developers using the Construct 2 Javascript SDK

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm

Is there any book or tutorial that shows us how to make a plugin or behavior for C2? like I want to make a Magnet behavior from line-sight behavior and few events from it to create it, and plus I want to make it two types: North Pole and South Pole to either repel or attract. I don't have a clue. BTW I have basic knowledge on Javascript.
:roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:43 pm

There are some resources around; but the best place to start learning how to use SDK is to read the sources (runtime.js) directly; You'll learn how to read source code, you'll learn how are things done in SDK, and you'll learn a lot of javascript along the way.

You could start with how the line-sight behavior is implemented, and than continue from there!

Also, check out the SDK template, you'll se that some of the basic stuff is implemented so you can get a good start...
Be nice until it's time to not be nice
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 pm

JohnnySheffield wrote:There are some resources around; but the best place to start learning how to use SDK is to read the sources (runtime.js) directly; You'll learn how to read source code, you'll learn how are things done in SDK, and you'll learn a lot of javascript along the way.

You could start with how the line-sight behavior is implemented, and than continue from there!

Also, check out the SDK template, you'll se that some of the basic stuff is implemented so you can get a good start...

Thanks for the info I will try them, and I want to ask you if you are a programmer, is Java near to javascript?
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:26 pm

Naji wrote:is Java near to javascript?

Have you read the SDK overview ever? You should read the whole manual too, if you're serious about the writing plugins...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:12 pm

JohnnySheffield is more than likely referring to the following paragraph from the SDK docs:

Javascript is not Java! Java is an application programming language developed by Sun (which, confusingly, can also run in browsers via a plugin). Javascript is the native programming language for web pages in browsers. Make sure you're clear on the difference.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:15 am

@zenox98

Yes, i did! I just did not want to simply c/p it, not because i'm lazy or mean, i just believe when somebody is learning it's valuable to let a 'student' discover stuff on his own; just give him push in the right direction...

The whole java/javascript story is interesting in it's historical contest. There's a lot of interesting details on javascript wiki page. Also, the web is full of articles on the topic. A simple google search results in a wealth of resources!
B
S
G

Return to Javascript SDK