How to use the "Set Css Style" on Progress Bar?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • This option was not left clear, and i do not necessarily know what has to be done and what it can be used.

• Someone?

• Hiya, CSS style refers to cascading style sheets, these are values which will alter how the element looks. In the case of the progress bar you should be able to change things like border radius, bar colours, and so on and so forth.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This should help:

http://css-tricks.com/css3-progress-bars/

• Similar problem here...

Is there a simple mans guide as to how this is implemented and translates into C2? Can anyone help me please?

As promising as the above link looks, I've no idea how to implement it in C2.

Thanks

• Anybody at all? I would really appreciate a point in the right direction.

• Please add me to the list of people wishing there was more documentation on how to use the style elements... so far i can try putting 'background' in the style element and then '#000000' in the style value.. but that doesnt seem to actually be working the way I'd expect... for example it makes the progress bar flat green, but there is no way to change the colour...

is there an example of proper progress bar styling or how to use those style fields?

thx!!

• You could give the progress bar an id inside the editor and then reference it with your stylesheets.

A trick for appending stylesheets without using javascript is to use the text action 'Set web font'.

It can include multiple css files, one for each time you call the action.

• interesting... will experiment with this.. Wish there was just some documentation on using that style property field assignment since it seems to be part of the engine already... Ashley - is there any way to get a bit more detail on how to use that functionality?

• You can set any CSS value the browser understands. We can't possibly document all of CSS - there are existing websites covering how CSS works which you can use as a reference.

• I have just put together a simple tutorial here that shows you a way of inputting css values as a single data string - no plugins required. Hope this helps...

• You can set any CSS value the browser understands. We can't possibly document all of CSS - there are existing websites covering how CSS works which you can use as a reference.

Ashley

Actually i know CSS, this is what I was asking for: the method of putting into that field.... There was no example or documentation of how to enter these values in. It seems i was on the right track, but didnt try it with quotes. Would be worth putting this screenshot in the manual maybe..?

Thank you for the tutorial / example Colludium

• Well it seems i still don't get it?

This is what im using in the fields... is this incorrect? I thought this matches the tutorial posted...

Any help / guidance greatly appreciated Ashley

• Shouldn't the property name be "background" instead of "monster_bar" and the value "#ff3019"?

That tutorial you were looking at is basically just showing how to parse a blob of CSS into individual CSS "property name + value" events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)