How to write bits of glue code

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 am

I understand the event sheet concept and generally buy it. I have been productive with the tool and bought a license on day 2. This is a very promising product.

However, even in the getting started tutorial we need to enter some basic scripts. I have since found other scripts that help with getting characters to follow mouse etc. like lerp(hero.x,mouse.x,0.5*dt)

What is the plan for documenting this type of code? Or, can a reference to whatever syntax is used in this type of code be identified so that I can get some reference?

For instance, is this held over from Construct 1? Is it C, Python

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 am

Those are expressions and System expressions are already partially documented here and an online/onwebsite manual is being written and should arrive soon when finished.

Expressions are also inline documented in the expressions and action windows.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 am

It's not actually script, it's not a programming language like C or Python. It's just a simple way of typing in mathematical expressions. The link Kyatric posted covers the syntax completely, and the rest of it is just different objects' expressions, which are all individually described in the floating object expressions panel.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 pm

Thank you - this is a big help. Somehow I assumed Native Expressions had to do with RegExp. :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?