How would I make my game "continue" after it is closed?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:13 am

Well, I'm making a farm based game, one that does run on time based events. I have the game almost ready to be played, but I'm missing something VERY important. When the game is closed, I need the various time based events to continue. Such as crops growing when the game is closed. I'm most likely going to make this an HTML based game, if this makes a difference.

I don't really understand how it could be done, but I NEED it in the game. Somebody please help.
Oh, okay.
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:36 am

Hello,

I think your best bet would be to use Rex's plugin located here:
plugin-system-date-and-time_t63492
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:36 am

@Vallar I gave it a shot, and I didn't understand what I was suppose to do. None of the info I found helped either.
Oh, okay.
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:21 am

I think the idea is to save the date and time when the user is leaving and compare it when he comes back to alter the changes.

Never used the plugin myself though.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

@Evanetot I didn't use the plugin but I did a quite search and found it. As Aphrodite has said, the idea is to log the date and time when the game quits and then compare it to when the user opens the game again. Subtract both and the amount of time passed should be available. Through that you can do whatever you want.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:50 pm

We use a server to accomplish this in our game. The server is always running whether anyone is connected to it or not.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?