Hüpfen (physics based arcade game)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:07 am

Great use of the sketch effect. I was puzzled at first as to how you did it. I figured a ton of math and a bunch of drawing. Super clever! Really dig the style!
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 pm

[QUOTE=facecjf] Great use of the sketch effect. I was puzzled at first as to how you did it. I figured a ton of math and a bunch of drawing. Super clever! Really dig the style![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

I'm hoping you got a chance to play it too
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:30 pm

I finally figured out how to post some of my screenshots - lol!

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 am

I'm absolutely fascinated how this looks totally insane and beautiful at the same time ! I think your game is more than that, and can be considered as a true work of art !
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

[QUOTE=gorgonzola3000] I'm absolutely fascinated how this looks totally insane and beautiful at the same time ! I think your game is more than that, and can be considered as a true work of art !
[/QUOTE]

gorgonzola3000: Thank you! Coming from you, and your awesome game, that truly means a lot! I originally thought about just keeping it this strange no gameplay, no audio/music - "screen saver" type thing - lol! But i decided to push myself and see if i could make a game out of it. I'm glad I did, i learned a lot! and judging from your comment, it sounds like I did both! Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Working on a non-WebGL version for the Scirra arcade. Below are a couple of screen shots from IE and Chrome. (you'll also notice a FPS counter I am using for debugging)

(web browser = IE)

(web browser = Chrome. Note the Chrome version does have a WebGL effect, Gamma with no settings in order to creat the draw effect, but it is using the same art assets as non-webgl browsers, if that makes sense. lol)

I actually kind of like how it looks in IE - shocking!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 am

Super funny video review by RockLeeSmile of Indie Impressions.

So much fun to watch someone play your game. I thought he was very kind and gave an honest "first impression" - which is exactly the kind of response I wanted. (Though, had he read the instructions on the Chrome Web Store, he would have gotten more out of the game). It was a very generous of him to take the time to review it, and made me laugh. (I also got some ideas of how to make the instructions more clear)

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/R-EC5PNfWjU[/TUBE]
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Awesome use of shaders and was this based on the bouncing ball example by any chance? Highly creative.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:32 pm

[QUOTE=dsarchy] Awesome use of shaders and was this based on the bouncing ball example by any chance? Highly creative.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

No, I was just playing around with the physics (love that) and one thing lead to another I'm sure my code is not the most efficient but once I got the gameplay balance "right", I just left it (amazing how subtle changes to the code can totally change the game dynamic) - I'm sure it could be improved.

The Scirra arcade version I am working on now (the non-WebGL) is getting more refined, trying to keep the same feel as the "original" Chrome version while making it play "nicely" in other browsers. Next "version" after that is a mobile version, then an iOS version (THEN I can start working on another game!!! lol)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations