Hyper Bounce Blast

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game, ready to publish with comments and detailed instructions! Source code and assets included!
  • Hi everyone!

Here's some pic and videos of my new game, Hyper Bounce Blast, it's still super early but getting somewhere now

I released Horizon Shift on steam last May and it was received WAY better than I ever expected, so I started on another game in a similar style.

So far I think Hyper Bounce Blast is a good improvement.

The gameplay is part twin stick shooter and part platformer, kinda like a Geometry Wars/ Mario cross over

There are three types of enemy - Bouncers(Blue), Shooters(Red) and Bonus star enemies (Green)

The blue enemies can only be killed by bouncing on them, the red can only be killed by shooting them and the green can be killed either way. The higher up the screen you bounce the higher your multiplier.

Also when you're bouncing you are invulnerable and are encouraged to actually collect the bullets which add to your score and hyper bar.

So the only real danger is when you miss a jump and are stranded on the floor, then it starts to get scary

It sounds a lot more confusing than it is I promise

Here's some rough footage of how the game plays:

And here's some pics:

Thanks everyone

• I haven' t understood anything of the gameplay but it' s really beautiful to see, very "professional made" looking.

And, the music style is perfect for the "Tron-like" graphics.

• The game looks indeed very nice. Can you tell how did you do those ghostbusters-like thunderish red lasers (the big guy on the first screen shoots them). Is it a graphic or some clever C2 effect use? They look amazing!

• I haven' t understood anything of the gameplay but it' s really beautiful to see, very "professional made" looking.

And, the music style is perfect for the "Tron-like" graphics.

Thank you very much

That is a very good point, I really should have mentioned what the game actually is ha ha.

I've now amended the original post to include a description of the gameplay

Thanks again!

• The game looks indeed very nice. Can you tell how did you do those ghostbusters-like thunderish red lasers (the big guy on the first screen shoots them). Is it a graphic or some clever C2 effect use? They look amazing!

Thanks man!

Yeah, those lasers came out a lot better than I expected. It's a combination of sprites and effects.

The background electric bits are a sprite sheet that was made in photoshop and the wavy bit in the middle is another sprite over the top but with a pulse effect on it. Also the size and opacity sines to make it look a bit more interesting.

• Hi again,

Here's a little more footage from the game.

This is an example vid of what a perfect run looks like.

Sorry for the rough footage again.

• Really like it, there' a lot going on!,

I like the art style with the neon-tempest like graphics.

• Really like it, there' a lot going on!,

I like the art style with the neon-tempest like graphics.

Thanks man

Yeah, there's a ton going on, it feels a lot easier to play than to watch.

I really like that feel of playing something that looks impossible but feels doable, like Space Giraffe. Gives a nice sense of power.

• Shiny new enemy added and a new bullet type

• I watched both gameplay vids. It looks very hectic in a good way.

Is the music in the video's the actual soundtrack or just some random song?

• I watched both gameplay vids. It looks very hectic in a good way.

Is the music in the video's the actual soundtrack or just some random song?

Thanks man

Yeah, those are from the soundtrack.

I don't think any of the tracks are quite finished yet, but I think that's pretty close to how they'll sound in the final game.

• It's mental, love it

• Starting to heat up

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Holy Smokes that's creative....

• Hi

very nice, you are like a super advanced user of C2

I would like to ask some question: Please.

1 how long has it taken you so far?

2 how do you plan and generate ideas?

3 What do you manage your project (tips on stopping it from getting confusing)?

4 What do you do when you get stuck?

5 what book or resources do you recommend?

Any feedback would be very well received.

Many thanks

henry

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)