I Broke My .capx...

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:02 am

As the title says, I broke my .capx... I have tried changing it to a .zip and then using a zip repair tool, but now Construct 2 crashes whenever I load it....
Here is the 'repaired' version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14533548/recovered_Xylon.capx
Here is the original https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14533548/Xylon.zip

I do have a backup, but it is very old and I do not want to revert to it for the 5th time this week. (I lost my usb with the only current copy of the game on it, then I tried working on the back up 5 times and it always broke somehow)
B

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:51 am

how did you break it?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:07 am

Whenever I open the fixed one, it crashes and the unfixed one says it is unable to unzip archive or something (Forgot because it was a few hours ago :P)
B

Post » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:24 pm

You can rename recovered_Xylon.capx to .zip again and open it in Windows Explorer (at least here). However many of the files seem to have gone missing. The file is 10mb smaller and most of the layout and project XML has disappeared. It seems to be permanently unrecoverable, except you may be recover some sounds and artwork from the recovered zip.

Now's probably a good time to use Construct 2's preferences to set up automatic backup. You could have had a day old backup to fall back to...

Can you remember what happened when it became corrupt? Did Construct 2 crash while you were doing something, your computer unexpectedly power off, etc?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

I was working on a horrible computer that I only had access to 1 gb of hd space on... Found the temp folder in Appdata then local and managed to salvage the files and put them on google docs to be used at home. All fixed :D
B

Return to How do I....?