I cannot open my project with construct 3

For discussion and help with the Construct 3 Plugin SDK

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 4:26 pm

Hello all
I am trying to open the game I am making with construct 3 but I am having error.
I started to develop that with construct 2. When I try to open with C3 it says that the project is using 2 plugins (sprite font + and lunarray.litetween) which is true and asking me to install those plugins for C3 to be able to open the project.
Does anyone knows where to find those plugins for C3?
Thank you
Regards
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 pm

me too =/, the same problem with lunarray litetween
B

Post » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm

You can find a c3 version of the litetween plugin in the litetween thread. Im not aware of a C3 spritefont+ plugin so youll need to remove it from your C2 project. TBH I cant think of a single reason people continue to use spritefont+ in C2 as the native spritefont plugin is better.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 pm

gameglaux wrote: TBH I cant think of a single reason people continue to use spritefont+ in C2 as the native spritefont plugin is better.

you obviously haven't used spritefontplus.

-No need to add loops to go through the JSON file manually for non-monospaced fonts. Instead it's built into the object and has a place for the JSON file in the properties panel
-Once those fields are updated you get to see exactly how the font (spacing) will look in the construct 2 editor (which the native one does NOT do -- in native you have to keep running the game in order to see how it will look and line up etc... creating cumbersome and slow workflow)

those 2 reasons make it extremely valuable. I hope someone makes a C3 version.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:05 am

@jobel
The C3 native SpriteFont does support the same functionality as SpriteFontPlus.

https://www.scirra.com/blog/203/some-bo ... onstruct-3
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:46 am

blackhornet wrote:@jobel
The C3 native SpriteFont does support the same functionality as SpriteFontPlus.

that is excellent news! I was wondering what that was for.. SpriteFontPlus used the term "JSON" in the properties which made it more intuitive. "Spacing data" works though, now that I know what it's for..
B
S
G

Return to Plugin SDK