I Don't know what to do with my HTML5 game...

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Tap the ball, control it, avoid touching spikes and score higher!
  • Hi all,

Some months ago I developed a videogame with Construct2 and I posted it in another thread of this forum cause I felt very proud of it.

There have been about 6 months since that moment and I still don't release it because I have no idea what to do with it... It's very frustrating this because I couldn't get any publisher attention and I don't think selling non exclusive licenses will return in money all the effort I put on it. I've been thinking on self publishing it and making it a social game or maybe a premium game and selling it on appstores or maybe just publishing it in every platform as free and trust in ads...

My game is this: milkshakedev.azurewebsites.net/weluvbunnies_standalone

I'd really appreciate any kind of advise cause this is the second videogame that I make and I don't want it to be my second failure... I tried to do it as high quality as I could and it's frustrating to think that nobody will play it and I'll never get anything for my effort.

• Honestly, you should be okay with selling some non-exclusives. Your game is cool, but far away from being great. Did you already gave FGL a chance?

• Hi Beaver, I tried to find a publisher for primary license, but I later realized that model doesn't work with HTML5.

I haven't tried with game shop cause the max price offered for my game's been $400 and selling 3 licenses for that money wouldn't make me recover much money...

Have you tried that option? Cause I don't know how many licenses I could sell to calculate the ROI.

• SabinX Where did you get your graphics and sounds?

• Hi awmace5,

Some graphics were made for a guy that's been always working with me in other projects, whilst others I bought'em from shutterstock.

I didn't authored the music, I got'em from an open source music library.

• Hi there,

I highly suggest trying to put your game in FGL's GameShop. You can list it for whatever price you want, but obviously you'll want to be reasonable. We're selling more and more HTML5 non-exclusive licenses everyday, and interest continues to grow. You aren't risking anything by giving yourself more options to recoup development costs. It doesn't cost anything to post games on FGL. We only expect commission if your game sells licenses.

If the game is mobile-ready, we're also running a promotion where we're paying up to $200 advance simply to implement our API. I made a post about it in this forum recently. You might check that out.

Good luck!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Matt!

About one or two weeks ago I put it in the GameShop, although I'm facing the problem that nobody is viewing the game now... I think its because the game was much time in the normal marketplace (months).

I sent an email about it and someone called Brian told me he was going to tell some HTML5 sponsors about the game to see if they're interested, although I still see no new views on the game, so maybe he hasn't told the sponsors about it yet.

• Hi Matt!

About one or two weeks ago I put it in the GameShop, although I'm facing the problem that nobody is viewing the game now... I think its because the game was much time in the normal marketplace (months).

I sent an email about it and someone called Brian told me he was going to tell some HTML5 sponsors about the game to see if they're interested, although I still see no new views on the game, so maybe he hasn't told the sponsors about it yet.

Just out of curiosity, but how much sponsor views does the game have on the fgl website?

• Till the moment it's had 54 sponsors/buyers views, although most of them were from october to january and after that only some developers and a couple of sponsors have seen the game and it's practically dead in the FGL portal... I know it was my mistake to have it really much time there, but I have no experience selling licenses.

• Till the moment it's had 54 sponsors/buyers views, although most of them were from october to january and after that only some developers and a couple of sponsors have seen the game and it's practically dead in the FGL portal... I know it was my mistake to have it really much time there, but I have no experience selling licenses.

Do you know what the memory use for the game is? On construct 2 at the bottom middle section it should show this titled under "memory use". Sponsors tend to look for games that run on mobile web browsers and usually test the games on stock browser on smasung galaxy s3 or higher for android, and for ios they use the iphone 4 or higher.

• Definitely test on a variety of devices. Sizing is big issue for mobile HTML5 games too. You can also use on simulators for devices you might not have.

http://www.responsive.com.au/tools/simulator/ipad-mini/#.U2ouCxtOXIX for Ipad mini.

http://iphone4simulator.com/ for iPhone 4

Always a good idea to ask for some feedback from other devs.

• 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

• Definitely test on a variety of devices. Sizing is big issue for mobile HTML5 games too. You can also use on simulators for devices you might not have.

http://www.responsive.com.au/tools/simulator/ipad-mini/#.U2ouCxtOXIX for Ipad mini.

http://iphone4simulator.com/ for iPhone 4

Always a good idea to ask for some feedback from other devs.

Hey, awesome simlulators!

Do you know one for android devices?

• 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

SabinX

The promo would probably be a good way to start but we first need to see how much memory the game currently wastes, and compare it to the type of it game that it is. If it is an endless runner for example and is wasting 25mb of memory use or greater based on Construct 2's debugger, then we provide optimization tips to reduce the amount of wasted memory. Optimization is a major deal for sponsors and is one big reason why some sponsors wouldn't want to license the game. And as far as I can tell 54 sponsor views is fairly good.

• > 54 views, and some from high quality buyers is actually pretty good for HTML5 games. At this point, there aren't as many companies buying large amounts of HTML5 games, but it's growing. That's why I suggested maybe taking part in our promo to get things started and get some money in your pocket. Outside of the GameShop, it gives us access to more actively shop your game.

>

SabinX

The promo would probably be a good way to start but we first need to see how much memory the game currently wastes, and compare it to the type of it game that it is. If it is an endless runner for example and is wasting 25mb of memory use or greater based on Construct 2's debugger, then we provide optimization tips to reduce the amount of wasted memory. Optimization is a major deal for sponsors and is one big reason why some sponsors wouldn't want to license the game. And as far as I can tell 54 sponsor views is fairly good.

Is it really a major deal? Because I see in Construct2 that the memory use is 78.8mb

I've tried it on iOS and Android devices and it works very good.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)