I Had Hope (Zombie Survival Game + Source)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 am

No problem @Urled, I included the links to them in the downloads page but would be happy to know if I missed any out, thanks!
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi! I tried it today and it won't let me play for more than about 5-6 seconds depending on how fast I go about shooting zombies, however milestone 6 and less works perfectly (i haven't gotten around to opening the milestones above 6 yet, as they have the path plugin which I lack).
I have no idea what causes the bug, but hitting zombies with bullets appears to be the trigger.

And, yeah. I use vista... That might be the problem.Urled2012-08-09 14:51:02
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks for the feedback @Urled, I noticed that my game does run terribly on Vista.

Strangely there is still a bug I couldn't pin down (at one point it was sounds, then it was custom movement behavior collisions) that affects all versions of Windows.

It's part of the reason I'm doing a whole new re-write, I'm hoping that if I do certain parts of the game in a different way it will eradicate all the current bugs and glitches.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Thats interesting... I'm no fan of Vista but this makes me wonder how it's all going to run in Windows 8. I think we have Vista on one computer here but it's pretty underpowered. I have XP on a bootcamped mac and I have no wish to uses its underwhelming power to test :).

I'll download it and try it on the vista machine tonight :) What about the sound was messing up exacttly?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:38 pm

I got the same chrash when I used Z elevation on several objects at once. F.e I would set the blood particles Z elevation to their speed, and the game would chrash after a while.

The only thing I could suggest for a re-write would be loading weapon data from external files. It just makes making weapons so much easier and fun.
Also, shop's where you purchas weapons instead of just pressing E over a big icon on the floor. Why would you have to buy a weapon randomly lying on the floor? Or, you could do like they did in nethack, and have the avaliable items for sale lie on the floor inside the shop.

http://happypenguin.org/images/vultures2shop.png

Throwing some 3d or isometric elements into the mix would be sweet
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:09 am

@damainman well Windows 7 takes it well, so I think 8 should too. I found the game didn't need too fast of a PC, but it seems the sound bug was when too many channels were playing every couple of seconds, it wasn't unloading them fast enough I guess.

@Urled, hmm, I haven't used Z elevation much in my game, but I do use it every loop. I'll avoid it for the next engine.

Yeah, I would definitely like to make everything moddable in the game. The idea was that it's an icon and there will be a machine above it, but I never finished all the objects and game components yet.

I've thought about 3D, I think the next engine will still be top-down but allow for z-movements like jumping over objects and changing building floors.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Finally got a chance to play this. It's pretty awesome! I've always liked games like these; I remember playing Gauntlet and Smash TV like crazy way back in the good 'ol days of gaming, so this one takes me back!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm really glad you liked it @MrMiller Those two games definitely rock Jayjay2012-09-16 23:41:18
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations