I have 3 Questions

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey @awesmeraphi!

I played a bit with your file and changed a lot of things so I'll not explain every bit. Just take a look at this .capx and let me know if this was what you were trying to achieve.

gamev2.capx

(use the arrows to move and the space to shoot)

If you have any questions, just let me know...

I'd have some other suggestions regarding the behavior itself. For instance, instead of decreasing HP every 2 seconds by 100, I'd decrease it more frequently, in tinier portions. Also, I'd lose the decceleration thing, it is very annoying. Just put the decceleration higher than the acceleration and let the char make sharper turns and stops. :)

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:09 pm

korbaach wrote:
awesmeraphi wrote:But i still would like to have a 8 way movement, where my player doesnt rotate + when im moving up it should play the up animation and when im going like up-right it should still play the up anmiation

Hm. I now upgraded to the latest Construct 2 Version and implemented this into my Game.. But now i get that error of before again :/ Could someone look over it and tell me whats wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:12 pm

brunopalermo wrote:Hey @awesmeraphi!

I played a bit with your file and changed a lot of things so I'll not explain every bit. Just take a look at this .capx and let me know if this was what you were trying to achieve.

gamev2.capx

(use the arrows to move and the space to shoot)

If you have any questions, just let me know...

I'd have some other suggestions regarding the behavior itself. For instance, instead of decreasing HP every 2 seconds by 100, I'd decrease it more frequently, in tinier portions. Also, I'd lose the decceleration thing, it is very annoying. Just put the decceleration higher than the acceleration and let the char make sharper turns and stops. :)

Cheers!

I cant run this aswell, getting error..

To the hp: As i dont know how to make hearts, i just made it like this, so you have like 3 hearts. After getting hit you lose 1 heart (100hp) and you get undamageable for short time :)
B

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:14 pm

I attached the picture of what it tells me when starting construct.. Any help?
B

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:31 pm

To solve the error:

1. Check your project tab, inside the folder Files>Icons
construct_project.png

2. Delete all .png files.
3. Right-click Icons and import files.
4. Go to any other project you have saved and import all 6 files again.

This will solve.
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:43 pm

brunopalermo wrote:To solve the error:

1. Check your project tab, inside the folder Files>Icons
construct_project.png

2. Delete all .png files.
3. Right-click Icons and import files.
4. Go to any other project you have saved and import all 6 files again.

This will solve.

Thank you very much! Anything is working now :)
B

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Regarding the hearts, this is one possible approach:

gamev2.capx

Hearts are a tiledbackground and their width are set according to the character's health times each heart's width.
Bruno

B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:09 pm

I have 2 more Problems now ..

1.: When running down, then staying, then going left/right, it doesnt change the animation to left/right, i need to click left/right again to start the animation

2.: My character stops for a short time after shooting.. But he should continue running, how can i do that?
B

Post » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:10 pm

I have 2 more Problems now ..

1.: When running down, then staying, then going left/right, it doesnt change the animation to left/right, i need to click left/right again to start the animation

2.: My character stops for a short time after shooting.. But he should continue running, how can i do that?
B

Post » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:44 am

awesmeraphi wrote:I have 2 more Problems now ..

Noone? :o
B

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?