I just don't get it...(performance question)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Yes @Aphrodite that is exactly what I was describing. And thanks for the bug report mate, I was gonna do it myself after reading what @Ashley just said, but I noticed you beat me to it. :P
Yeah, I learned it the hard way, guess I should consider a better system for keeping my work safe.... I'll check out some of those things that @Refeuh suggested.

Well, thank you everyone.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 pm

@VIKINGS Not sure, but todays release may have fixed it (it seems like so if I see the changelogs).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:55 pm

Maybe it did @Aphrodite , but that is a beta version, and I don't use betas. It's bad enough that I had all these problems with a release labeled as stable because of a bug that was missed, the last thing I need is to have a beta version ruin things even more.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:15 am

In fairness to Scirra, there have only been a handful of beta versions that required a quick beta v0.1 to be posted a day later to fix new beta-caused bugs. And, of course, if no one tests the betas then no one will know if the new features don't work. Because of C2's architecture, it's usually easy to revert to a previous version if a particular beta is not performing well - unless you've used a new feature, of course... I understand your reticence, though, given what just happened to your project. It's worth noting that I've been using the betas for over 2 years now and have never lost any work to a bug or fault.
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 am

For any serious projects, I stick to the stable versions. However, I keep a separate install of the latest beta version too, in case I want to try out a new feature or open a newer capx file.

C2 is pretty much portable, though you wouldn't know it from the installer...you have to be careful when installing beta's or you'll uninstall/overwrite your stable version.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General