i need a moderator

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • the project I'm making is 43 events and when I preview the cpu usage is up to 200 300 percent and the game wont play. I cant see how this is happening. I can send a capx if you need one

• Does running the game in debug mode not give you any clues at all?

• Hey there,

I can take a look if you'd like.

Without seeing the capx, my first thought is that there's a loop running that's causing the issue.

• Does running the game in debug mode not give you any clues at all?

not that I can see. there should be no problem not much is going on

• Hey there,

I can take a look if you'd like.

Without seeing the capx, my first thought is that there's a loop running that's causing the issue.

when I use firefox the cpu is at 60-80 percent. I don't think there's a loop

• Without looking at your events, nobody will be able to help you. If you could share your capx or load a picture of your events, it will give everyone a clearer picture of what is going on.

• Without looking at your events, nobody will be able to help you. If you could share your capx or load a picture of your events, it will give everyone a clearer picture of what is going on.

Also, I don't think this is the kind of thing that deserves a call for a moderator.

• Also, I don't think this is the kind of thing that deserves a call for a moderator.

Haha very true, but I am sure it is just a simple newbie mistake on his part. Don't worry, everyone here tries to help everyone out, not only the moderators

• By definition, a moderator's main role is to 'moderate' the forum - checking posts, reports, moving posts/topics, emails, requests etc.

Helping others is always a good thing but sometimes time just isn't available.

As an example, it takes me approx 1-2 hours to check everything in the morning, dependent upon number of posts over night. Then I have to give way to actual 'real life' stuff

• > Does running the game in debug mode not give you any clues at all?

>

not that I can see. there should be no problem not much is going on

I don't want to state the obvious, but there's clearly a lot going on.

I'm new to Construct 2 but not to debugging. If you can't attach a capx, disable sections of your code and run in debug mode until you find yourself with a vastly reduced processor speed and you will find your culprit. I've a little game running and it's showing me 21 objects - 50 FPS - 12% CPU (Intel Core i3 laptop) - 37.4mb images. Occasionally it rises to 26%. I think that if you're hitting 60%-80% then you've got a lot going on. You just don't see it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Does running the game in debug mode not give you any clues at all?

> >

>

> not that I can see. there should be no problem not much is going on

>

I don't want to state the obvious, but there's clearly a lot going on.

I'm new to Construct 2 but not to debugging. If you can't attach a capx, disable sections of your code and run in debug mode until you find yourself with a vastly reduced processor speed and you will find your culprit. I've a little game running and it's showing me 21 objects - 50 FPS - 12% CPU (Intel Core i3 laptop) - 37.4mb images. Occasionally it rises to 26%. I think that if you're hitting 60%-80% then you've got a lot going on. You just don't see it

yeah you are right ultrafop fixed it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)