I need help creating touch sticks for a game.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:03 am

Well, the thing is this, I've been working on a shooter game where the playable character shoots every one second to make things easy. The problem is, it is oriented to cellphones as a university project, and I have problems creating the 2 sticks; one (the left) should move the character, and the second (right) should rotate the camera, but at the same time, the 2 musn't interfere with the other.

I'll be honest here, I don't have a single clue of how to solve this problem, so I will be very thankful of any help you can give me. Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is a bit bad.
B

Post » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Message: PaulFortune can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
I ran across a thread that had a useful capx for this kind of thing a long time ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ jd45z6qq6a402js/touchsticktut.capx?dl=0

This is probably the best way to create touchsticks (even though there are other ways). If you have any questions about the capx feel free to ask.

EDIT: sorry, the website won't let me post urls until I reach 500 rep points... I split up the link into two parts so you can just combine them to reach the dropbox file. (there is a gap between /s/ and jd in the link)
B

Post » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:35 am

Thank you, I'll check it out and give it a try.
B

Return to How do I....?