I need some help developing a Goomba type AI

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:09 am

Hello

For a while now, Ive been trying to develop what at best I call a Goomba Type AI. Many know what a Goomba is but for the heck of it, A Goomba is a common enemy found in Super Mario Bros.

My goal is that for the game I'm developing, the base of the AI i want to create is simply an enemy that moves back and forth while on a platform that occasionally stops and moves again.

Eventually I want to expand this to do other things but at the core this is what I'm trying to achieve. I've searched through he forums and have not turned up much. I have looked at the platformer beginner tutorial on the tutorial's page and while that did help out, its not quite what I was hoping for.

I know AI is a tricky thing to come up with so any help would be awesome. Eventually once Ive cracked this, I want to right up a tutorial that other's can use or expand.

btw, its my first forum topic so please forgive any errors in my post setup.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:10 am

If you want it to randomly move back and forth, have a look at the capx I posted here:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/loops-and-while-loops_topic73015_post442437.html

Also, for a goomba, make it turn on collision with a solid
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm

can I post yet?
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:08 pm

The beginner tutorial on building a platform game is a great place to start. https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/253/how-to-make-a-platform-game
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:45 am

Wow...okay, first off Thank you very much for your help. I managed to cobble up something rudimentary simple. For a while now I was un-able to reply but fortunately whatever it was it's fixed now.

Thank you very much for your reply.
B
S

Return to How do I....?