I need your creativity for my game!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello!

I am a 22 year old guy from Finland and started using Construct 2 just few days ago. Now immediatly i thought of a game that would be really cool you can try it here.

http ://physicsgame.bitballoon.com/

Now the goal of the game is to lead the purple happy face to the star using "tools" which are on the bottom of the screen and you have only 5 tools for the first level (you can use same tool as many times you want). You can also rotate the tools by clicking on them.

When you have tools in place just click the big red button and the action begins. You can also delete your placed tools by dragging them to the bomb or destroying everything by clicking bomb icon.

I just started programming so the game really doesn't have any levels yet, not all sound effects and music etc but its just there so you get the idea.

Now to my problem which is my sudden lack of creativity. I did the spring board thing as one cool tool but i need help creating more cool / basic tools.

I have already thought about the level layout for harder levels like having teleport pads, spikes etc. I would also like feedback in general what i should make for the game in future.

Thanks guys in advance!

PS: Thanks for Kenney for this amazing free cc0 assets! Love you man! Will put you on credits when the game is ready.

EDIT:Had to place a space in the url don't have required rep yet :/ but since its really important core part of this post i twerked around it. Mods feel free to remove it if needed.

• You could add objects that could speed up and slow down the ball, like the goo from the portal games, you could also add natural objects that can destroy the ball such as fire, also a form of cannon that fires the ball when it collides with it.

• You could add objects that could speed up and slow down the ball, like the goo from the portal games, you could also add natural objects that can destroy the ball such as fire, also a form of cannon that fires the ball when it collides with it.

Cool ideas, will definately work on those. Glad its quite easy to change the speed of ball and create impacts etc with the built in physics!

• this might be more complex but you could add buttons that could connect to other objects, like when the ball touches the switch/button it could activate a door or something else

• this might be more complex but you could add buttons that could connect to other objects, like when the ball touches the switch/button it could activate a door or something else

Yes i actually thought of a system that in some levels you would need to pick up key(s) along the way to open doors needed to reach the star at the end

Haven't tried to do it yet, but it shouldnt be that complex to produce

• you should just need a global variable called open that starts at 0, and when a key is picked up assign it to 1 and when a door is opened assign it back to 0, this would allow you to have multiple keys and doors, to expand on this you could have different coloured doors with different keys but save that for the long run.

• you should just need a global variable called open that starts at 0, and when a key is picked up assign it to 1 and when a door is opened assign it back to 0, this would allow you to have multiple keys and doors, to expand on this you could have different coloured doors with different keys but save that for the long run.

Yeah thats how i imagined it would work

Just trying now to get like 10 different tools you can use and then start making obstacles to make the game harder and maybe make like 3 different levels for early alpha version!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just trying now to get like 10 different tools you can use and then start making obstacles to make the game harder and maybe make like 3 different levels for early alpha version!

I would recommend for natural obstacles clumps of rock or dirt that players would be unable to place "tools" on and that the ball would be unable to pass.

Also Happy Birthday!

• The incredible machine clone That was a great game

• The incredible machine clone That was a great game

Yeah kinda Just that my skills aint there yet to do that complex one ;D

> Just trying now to get like 10 different tools you can use and then start making obstacles to make the game harder and maybe make like 3 different levels for early alpha version!

>

I would recommend for natural obstacles clumps of rock or dirt that players would be unable to place "tools" on and that the ball would be unable to pass.

Also Happy Birthday!

Yes obstacles are on their way on future levels. I think that in level 1 there should be only few if none obstacles and then increase the difficulty as you progress through the game

• also when you fail the level don't make the objects reset let them stay in place and only reset when you switch levels

• also when you fail the level don't make the objects reset let them stay in place and only reset when you switch levels

Yes my friend said that too, will be fixed in the next revision

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)