I somehow lost the original files of one of my games.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
This sound library contains 200 stereo and 200 mono sounds of monster steps on different surfaces. Contains surfaces su
  • I somehow lost the original files of one of my games, but I do have an exported HTML5 version. I was wondering if it's possible to import the HTML5 game back into Construct 2. Thanks.

• I somehow lost the original files of one of my games, but I do have an exported HTML5 version. I was wondering if it's possible to import the HTML5 game back into Construct 2. Thanks.

Absolutely not, for quite obvious 'anti piracy' reasons.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • tannerdler if check your drive you might find AUTOSAVE file saved for you by C2

I've recently had the same issue, the flash drive I backed up to had stopped working completely after a system restore. I have a few older versions of stuff on DropBox, and I recommend you use it often. I had a number of projects just gone now, and I have to start from scratch, but it's one of those risks of working with computers.

• Thank you all for the replies! I'll be sure to make frequent backups. I was almost certain I had one on Google drive but I guess not...

• tannerdler if check your drive you might find AUTOSAVE file saved for you by C2

Thanks for the reply. Where would I find those autosave files??

• > tannerdler if check your drive you might find AUTOSAVE file saved for you by C2

>

Thanks for the reply. Where would I find those autosave files??

Make sure you check the manual entry for the autosave/backup features here: https://www.scirra.com/manual/61/preferences. If you haven't enabled these, please enable ASAP so you don't experience such a loss again.

This also gives information on the location of backups and saves, which defaults to the same folder that the original project was located in.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)