I think i have a bug

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 pm

:( When i tried to open a file it didn't come up with anything :cry: . Does anyone know what to do?
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

You need to be a whole lot more specific than that.

What file is it? Where did you get it? What version of Construct are you using? Do you get any error messages? Etc.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:48 pm

i got a error message when i was testing it so i exited out. Then when i opened construct again i tried to open the game i was working on but nothing showed up. But on the project toolbar it said it was open. I have the latest versoin
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:51 pm

double click the layout
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 am

oh thx so much
B
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 am

[quote="Lost my Keys":n0qgvy3m]double click the layout[/quote:n0qgvy3m]
Yes. In the lower right corner, choose Project, then in that: Application 1 (or application name here) > Layouts, and double click a layout.

Probably just your cap's .persist file was corrupt, or wasn't saved properly, or something. It's just the file telling Construct what event sheets and layouts to open the next time you open your cap. You could even delete the .persist file without problem.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:15 am

[quote="AshyRaccoon":1hjavlyl][quote="Lost my Keys":1hjavlyl]double click the layout[/quote:1hjavlyl]
Yes. In the lower right corner, choose Project, then in that: Application 1 (or application name here) > Layouts, and double click a layout.

Probably just your cap's .persist file was corrupt, or wasn't saved properly, or something. It's just the file telling Construct what event sheets and layouts to open the next time you open your cap. You could even delete the .persist file without problem.[/quote:1hjavlyl]

Hmm, always wondered what those .persist files were, they seem to get into everything like a small child. Maybe in v1 they could all be stored in the construct folder somewhere.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic