I'd Love Feedback! (Warning: Gore/Violence)

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 am

The game seems to run just fine on my laptop. Though, I think my laptop may be kind of powerful as well.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel i7-720QM
6GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 330

=====Suggestions/Comments=====

I like the style and gore of the game. When you kill someone, they turn into a mess of blood and unrecognizable body parts!

I don't know how to chain attacks together. Can you add a tutorial on that in the game itself?

The visuals in the menus look as if they have been artificially pixelated to fit with the pixel art style.

The enemies do a lot of damage and with little warning. This makes the game feel kind of cheap when you play for the first time.

I didn't actually know there was a health meter in the game until a few minutes after playing. I'd recommend moving the health meter down to bottom of the screen and making it contrast more with the background. Perhaps a healthbar? (Though if the player can gain health greater than 100, a numerical health meter would work out better)

Is the main character a little girl? The player character in-game looks like a little girl, but in the menus, she looks older. Is this part of the mystery of the game?

The time between dying and respawning should probably be shortened.

I'm not fully sure what the enemies were supposed to resemble until I saw the death cutscene. Are they wielding canes or arm blades?

=====================================

I always feel bad writing long lists of suggestions. Makes me like I'm being overly critical of someone work. :(

The game looks pretty good at the moment. I think you have a good start here. Can't wait to see how your finished game will look! Keep it up!

:D
B
S

Post » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am

Thanks!

Actually its a 22-23 year old young woman.

I hope the extra cutscenes I will add will fix this perception so people assume the pixel art is of a woman not a small girl.

But we'll see!

Most of the things in the game like health bars title screens and other elements are not finalized - currently I am just determining how well the game will run and wether I need to change my strategy to improve the performance.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am

Works well in chrome, seems to be around the 60 fps mark. Sorry, I've not gone through the other pages, but here's my feedback:

The game plays reasonably well, it just needs a bit more variety in the attacks. Perhaps some kind of combo system would be good.

Also, with all the blood spraying everywhere, it would be good to have the player get more covered with gore as she kills more enemies.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:05 am

[QUOTE=EyeHawk] Works well in chrome, seems to be around the 60 fps mark. Sorry, I've not gone through the other pages, but here's my feedback:

The game plays reasonably well, it just needs a bit more variety in the attacks. Perhaps some kind of combo system would be good.

Also, with all the blood spraying everywhere, it would be good to have the player get more covered with gore as she kills more enemies.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, what are your specs? :)
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 am

Looks unique and i like the stylized pixel gore... a game can never have too much gore imo :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:16 pm

[QUOTE=Ize] Looks unique and i like the stylized pixel gore... a game can never have too much gore imo :D[/QUOTE]

how was the performance?
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Ran fine on my work machine, but if it didn't you'd have serious issues. If you add some some basic touch controls I'll test it on an iPad2 just so you can get a feel for how basic of a device it will run on.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Updated the OP with link to new playable part of the game, would love feedback on characters, story, tone and ease of play during the more adventure game parts.

LINK
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Worked great. I finished the level.

Would be nice if I could go back to the level room after leaving it the the right. Not really necessary, but good for game flow. It might also be nice to be able to press Space or something to skip the current chat bubble. It's fine the first time through but when you want to replay those chat bubbles can really slow the game down.

It seemed to me that everything was easy to figure out. Keep up the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:04 pm

[QUOTE=whatever23] Worked great. I finished the level.

Would be nice if I could go back to the level room after leaving it the the right. Not really necessary, but good for game flow. It might also be nice to be able to press Space or something to skip the current chat bubble. It's fine the first time through but when you want to replay those chat bubbles can really slow the game down.

It seemed to me that everything was easy to figure out. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I love feedback, might do that!

The chat bubbles can be sped up by holding down the LMB, but I might make them even faster.

Also, you can simply finish the level by platforming if you timed the jumps perfectly, so it's a mix of styles for different people which I hope to put in places through the game.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations