I've seen the comments about C2 and CocoonJS

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:49 am

[QUOTE=jojoe] @vee41 , I got that from the sales page here:

https://store.unity3d.com/[/QUOTE]

Here is quote from the unity FAQ:

[QUOTE=Unity]Can we sell games and make money with the free version of Unity?

Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share. However, the free version of Unity may not be licensed by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000, or by an educational, non-profit or government entity with an annual budget of over US$100,000.

Please also be aware that the feature set of the free version is not intended for the production of professional games and interactive content. Lastly, games made with our Pro trial licenses may not be distributed nor used for commercial purposes.[/QUOTE]

And here is another one from the download page:

[QUOTE=Unity]The free version of Unity for Windows. Includes publishing support for iOS, Android, Windows Store, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, desktop and Web, and a 30 day trial of Unity Pro (with Pro publishing for iOS, Android, Windows Store, Windows Phone and BlackBerry).[/QUOTE]

And like said before, Unity has solid track record of high quality mobile games. With the new 2D tools becoming available soon it is something I do intent to check out. Nothing beats C2 in approachability though :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:50 am

I have no other problems with CocoonJS, but the same audio issue that just keeps getting worse as they try to fix it. With their latest version my music starts twice but now gladly only plays one track at a time. Ludei seems to be supporting facebook integration, but I can't find any functionality for this in C2 CocoonJS plugin. Now that I have a big publisher behind me I might need to recreate my project in Unity. C# is easy to write and kind of resembles what we do with C2.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 am

@tulamide

I love Construct 2 but recently:
- I can't even show sh*tty banners on my new CocoonJS compilations
- there are no other ad monetization methods (and even if there would be - is there any guarantee that they would work with CocoonJS?)

It makes me terrible unhappy

"There's no chance to get help, because all you hear is "Ask Ludei" etc."

+1

+1

+1szymek2013-09-30 08:05:21
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 am

You can rent unity pro and all extensions at $75/month a piece.
This is great if you are turning a profit, and can write off the expense against profit each month.

If you pull in $5000 a month via sales/advertising/whatever and have a expense of $375 then it doesn't look too bad.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 am

We really sympathise with everyone's frustrations!

Over the last few months, we've been waiting and hoping that CocoonJS would improve, but still no sign of this yet!

Version 1.4 was supposed to be the turning point, but everything just seemed to get worse after this update!

As the only viable option for mobile exports (at the moment), we are left waiting around for Ludei updates and fixes! But (despite a much larger staff base than C2, and recent funding deal for 1.5 million) these are often very slow in coming!

We love making games, and don't wish to sound mercenary! But (like everyone else) we have bills to pay, and we need to make a regular income! However, due to the problems mentioned above, we feel like we're trapped in a vicious circle and can't move forward!

We're really hoping the situation changes for the better soon!Blacksmith2013-09-30 08:39:49
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:50 am

@Blacksmith

"As the only viable option for mobile exports (at the moment), we are left waiting around for Ludei updates and fixes!"

and now try to visualise similar situation on i.e. Unity
= not possible

and that's main difference between professional approach and education tool/toy
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:05 am

Why are we talking about Unity3d here? is still off-topic...

However, If you are looking to get Unity3D to develop 3d games with knowledge of Construct 2, there a solution tool for you:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/110664-Brain-Builder-Make-games-without-writing-codeJoannesalfa2013-09-30 09:06:02
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:12 am

@szymek

I really enjoy developing in C2, and would like to stick with it if possible! I just hope things improve soon, or we may be forced to look for alternatives.

However, as @Joannesalfa mentioned, that's a little off topic for this thread!

:)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

@Blacksmith

I love Construct 2 but I'm not 12 years old, and there are bills to pay, and food to buy, so just like you - I want to get working apps, with good monetization methods (if released free). Nothing more, nothing less :)

@Joannesalfa

thanks for link ( more info here http://boldai.com/manual/ )szymek2013-09-30 09:23:45
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:32 am

@szymek,

I strongly believe that C2 has the power to produce the types of games you are talking about!

However, to achieve this, it needs the right support from others, like Ludei (which is currently lacking)! I just hope that support is improved soon!

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General