iap error android:authentication is required, please sign in

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Hello

I built my app via intel xdk. it has the official IAP plugin . Before i used cranbeerygame IAP with the same problem

I uploaded the app to google play to test as Alpha

Published it

used a test account to purchase IAP

I get an error message "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your google account"

This message occurs only for my app i can purchase other apps on the store so its not an google play issue but something with the plugin/ build / configuration

• Did you correctly set up your game iap listing on google play?

• Yes, actually at some point i was able to make a purchase, but after a couple of updates to my project problem started

it happens in all of my test devices, so its not replated to a device or a testing account

• are you using a google account that's not with your dev account? if your using your dev acct it can cause issues

• yep

• im having the same problem. Did you find any solution?

• im having the same problem. Did you find any solution?

IAP testing behaves strangely when in beta/alpha. Once it's live it just works. I've spent a week trying to find the problem. There are posts on the internet from developers struggling to make it work, not just C2.

If you get the error, save yourself a time, test just if variables are triggered properly and once the game is live, make one purchase from a friend's device, just to be sure. Look at this, try testing it from a different device and account. There may be a delay with authentication, give it 48h and it might start working.

• Just F..k i had lost an entire week on this :I okey ill give it a try and tell thank you Noga !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • well , even in production it makes issues. restore deosnt work well

do you know how to restore products ?

on restore success triggers even when i have not purchased the product so i wonder how to check if a managed non consumable product could be restored

• it still not working... it keeps showing the "authentication required".....

.... i can't belive that the problem was Google. "Authentication Required" is for the ID of the product, not for the user -_-'' i had wrong ID in the game, when changed, it worked... If i get more info i'll share it.

• Found the problem. I guess my device stored purchased information when i used a clean device it worked fine

• Found the problem. I guess my device stored purchased information when i used a clean device it worked fine

Did you make the test purchase? Because you said in the previous post

"...on restore success triggers even when i have not purchased the product..."

When making a purchase of managed product, the information is stored on the device and on Google servers. To make a new clean purchase from the device, refund the purchase from your Wallet account and after couple hours you'll be able to make the purchase again.

• I Have the same problem. C2 IAP (as test mode) -> Intel XDK Crosswalk build -> upload to Android Dev as Test Alpha release -> set the in app id as the same of the c2 project -> install on my device the xdk arm build.... when i try to buy -> "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your google account".

i'm going crazy... please help me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)