IAP with PhoneGap?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Anyone know how to get this working?

I've looked at some tutorials, but they all appear to be outdated now, mainly referring to the Intel XDK which is no longer being maintained.

When I export my app and upload it to PhoneGap, I get an error message for my android upload telling me I'm missing a "BILLING_KEY". Now some tutorials tell me that I get my billing key after I upload my app, which is odd seeing as I can't even get a build I can use.

Another thread I found had the same issue, but they said "Oh, I switched over to C3 and it works now!". What about those of us that are still using Construct 2?

Other people have sent me to sites such as GITHUB, where all I see is a wall of text with no explanation as to what I'm meant to do with it. One recently was in Italian, which just confused me even more.

I can build the app with no issues so long as I don't use the IAP plugin, but as soon as I add that I get errors.

Am I to assume that Construct 2's IAP plugin is just broken, seeing as it apparently works without issue in Construct 3?

• How come no one will answer this question? Ugh

• Enhance has recently released IAP support.

For more information, follow the link : goo.gl/CxUoRq

• Thank you Rozek. using Cocoon and Enhanced I was finally able to monetize my C2 apps.

edit: cant publish to google play. Enhanced is bs and doesn't work with c2 without command line stuff

• Khaz, any update qwith this I'm the same situation.

I get "missing BILLING_KEY" when creating the APK with Phonegap Build. There is nowhere for me to add the key.

• I think I've found the solution. CS2 + Phonegap Build for Android:

Export the project to Cordova.

Then in the config.xml remove this line:

<plugin name="com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling">

...Instead add this:

<plugin name="cc.fovea.cordova.purchase" spec="~7.1.0">

<variable name="BILLING_KEY" value="YOURBILLINGKEYHERE" />

</plugin>

...you don't need to bundle that plugin with your zip file for Phonegap Build as it already uses it.

The problem seemed to be that Phonegap Build no longer supports the com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling plugin.

Seems to work for me. Let me know how you get on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I've found the solution. CS2 + Phonegap Build for Android:

Export the project to Cordova.

Then in the config.xml remove this line:

<plugin name="com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling">

...Instead add this:

<plugin name="cc.fovea.cordova.purchase" spec="~7.1.0">

<variable name="BILLING_KEY" value="YOURBILLINGKEYHERE" />

</plugin>

...you don't need to bundle that plugin with your zip file for Phonegap Build as it already uses it.

The problem seemed to be that Phonegap Build no longer supports the com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling plugin.

Seems to work for me. Let me know how you get on.

jtibbles

Hey, where would you get your billing key? Since there is no APK to upload to Developer Console yet (required to add an IAP)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)