I think a simple Like or Thank You system would definitely enhance this forum. Among other features, it could do things like adding reputation to the authors of posts that receive likes or allowing thread posts to be sorted by likes. Such a system would have the following benefits:
- One could show their appreciation for a quality forum post without having to bump the thread.
- Posters would be incentivized to leave quality responses.
- Reputation would more accurately reflect one's value in this forum rather than simply one's participation.
- It would be easy to sift through the most important posts in a thread, because they'd have the most likes.
- It could make the forum even more fun!
I'm sure a similar idea has been considered in the past, which is why I'm surprised it doesn't exist here. I can see how a comment rating
system might make things competitive and infuriate people when they're downvoted, but we are only talking about happy, pleasant, warm Likes. It still keeps up the positive vibe!