Idea for game

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello. I want create some game in Construct, but I dont have any idea. I'am beginner, and my knowledge in Construct is very poor.

What type of game I may create in beginning? What program I must use to create a Graphics? I'm newbie in this topic, please, give me some sugestions and tips. Thanks!

• Sounds like you're trying to fly long before you can even run, let alone walk.

Study tutorials in game design, buy books about it, learn how things work together. Become confident in every area before even attempting to make a game, otherwise you'll end up asking how to do things every step of the way, which will be annoying to you and a burden to others.

• Check the Scirra tutorials first.And download the demo's to see how things work in construct.Use a paint program to create your sprites or a 3d modelling program which can render 2d pictures.As being a burden to other's , well i don't agree with that cause without the help of others you won't learn the advanced stuff that construct can do.That is why there is a help and tech section.

• I study this tutorials, I got some skills in Constructs, Im not TOTAL newbie...

I just dont got somebody who give me some tips, ideas... Yeah I know, this is my own business, but I hope that you may helps me. Thanks.

• Start small. Make simplest games first, such as tic tac toe. You can expand that to match 3. Then you can try tetris clone. Or breakout/pong/pacman/some such.

Experience is a foundation upon which we build. No amateur builder has ever built a skyscraper.... they started with simple homes.

• i agree with mipey, start small, make simple shooters and other games(no need to be original, if you play any game try to copy it, at least the basic concept of the game).

About other resources here is a list of softwares which you may find useful -

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66.0

some programming languages:

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=49.0

to stay updated with latest indiegames you can visit http://www.tigsource.com/

[quote:tlgitdvj]Sounds like you're trying to fly long before you can even run, let alone walk.

Study tutorials in game design, buy books about it, learn how things work together. Become confident in every area before even attempting to make a game, otherwise you'll end up asking how to do things every step of the way, which will be annoying to you and a burden to others.

don't be so harsh on him and scare him away, he's just asking for some help. Pointing him to some resources would be better idea

• sorry they said i couldn't post any other websites.And they say that im derailing threads by trying to help out.I Won't be posting anywhere anymore.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You guys are amazing! Thanks for everything. I start some small project, complete them to 100% and present you.

You give me very usefull things, THANKS!

I got last question! I must use one of this programing languages? That scary me... I want use only construct events etc.

• You guys are amazing! Thanks for everything. I start some small project, complete them to 100% and present you.

You give me very usefull things, THANKS! I go to work! See Ya!

I got last question! I must use one of this programing languages? That scary me... I want use only construct events etc.

it's not necessary to learn any language for using construct but still, if you want to use some advanced features(i'm sure you wouldn't want to do it right now ) you can use python.

• Good luck in creating games with construct.And remember , Have fun , Don't stress if it does not look good or plays like a dead possum,Practice makes perfect.

• Totally off topic, but I always think alibash's sig is a redbull ad banner

• Totally off topic, but I always think alibash's sig is a redbull ad banner

it gives me wiiings!

i'll have to change the blog name to something else, some R&D company has the same name except the dot(.)

alibash's

abilash

it's quite funny how many different ways my name can be spelled

• oops sorry not supposed to help anyone seeing that im being called vdrake again.

• Im not agreeing to 100 percent with you guys.. I see no problem with starting out with a bigger game. Just try your best, and if you get tired, scrap it and start again. Think back guys.. how did you learn? Did anyone of you really start of small? We who didnt turned out pretty well anyways.

• I like to start with something small, that can EASILY be expanded into something larger should I have the motivation to do so.

A great example (as much as we are all sick of it) is the Ghost Shooter tutorial. You could easily remake that as a learning foundation... then easily add to it by making buildings you can enter into, other screens you could visit, or other gameplay mechanics like turning into a round based survival game.

I'd say the top-down shooter is easily the most versitile when it comes to expansion. Platform games come a close second since you can just keep adding levels until you get bored.

I always start with graphics since I am a more art-oriented person. Well, actually I start with a basic idea in my head of how the game might work, then make graphics... then start making the engine, end up asking a bunch of questions along the way, get over-ambitious and stop.

It's hard for me to make something simple and stop... I have to keep adding to it until it becomes something I can no longer control.

Good luck!

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)