Idea for game

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Good luck in creating games with construct.And remember , Have fun , Don't stress if it does not look good or plays like a dead possum,Practice makes perfect.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Totally off topic, but I always think alibash's sig is a redbull ad banner
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:38 pm

[quote="lucid":2d48ot2l]Totally off topic, but I always think alibash's sig is a redbull ad banner[/quote:2d48ot2l]

it gives me wiiings! :P
i'll have to change the blog name to something else, some R&D company has the same name except the dot(.)
[quote="lucid":2d48ot2l]alibash's [/quote:2d48ot2l]
[quote="dravenX":2d48ot2l]abilash[/quote:2d48ot2l]
it's quite funny how many different ways my name can be spelled :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:27 pm

oops sorry not supposed to help anyone seeing that im being called vdrake again.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:08 am

Im not agreeing to 100 percent with you guys.. I see no problem with starting out with a bigger game. Just try your best, and if you get tired, scrap it and start again. Think back guys.. how did you learn? Did anyone of you really start of small? We who didnt turned out pretty well anyways.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I like to start with something small, that can EASILY be expanded into something larger should I have the motivation to do so.

A great example (as much as we are all sick of it) is the Ghost Shooter tutorial. You could easily remake that as a learning foundation... then easily add to it by making buildings you can enter into, other screens you could visit, or other gameplay mechanics like turning into a round based survival game.

I'd say the top-down shooter is easily the most versitile when it comes to expansion. Platform games come a close second since you can just keep adding levels until you get bored.

I always start with graphics since I am a more art-oriented person. Well, actually I start with a basic idea in my head of how the game might work, then make graphics... then start making the engine, end up asking a bunch of questions along the way, get over-ambitious and stop.

It's hard for me to make something simple and stop... I have to keep adding to it until it becomes something I can no longer control.

Good luck!

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic