[IDEA] ZIP and back up data

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Sometimes i don't see a good result to back up data for some videogame when cache is cleared for accident.

I doubt if the gamers want to restore the data, but how? about JSON load is required to copy and paste JSON text. There no function to load the file on client side.

There a thing that can compress zip to download and upload JSON data. stuartk.com/jszip

I doubt if the gamers want to mess JSON to cheat? i think is possible to encrypt JSON using MD5 hash, isn't possible?

What do you think?

• No one is interesed to have backup data zip more like controller pak for N64 or memory card for playstation ?

• Joannesalfa : can you describe a use case for your idea ?

• 1- You save a data on RPG Game

2- You want to back up data for RPG Game

3- Cache is cleared for accident

4- You see no Load Game

5- You go to options, click back up game and upload your ZIP data which is backed up on RPG Game

6- Your game is restored!

Encrypt JSON to avoid cheat or messing up, in that case the gamers try to modify array data.

• This might be interesting if the compressed data was sent to a cloud service automatically. Maybe a premium clayo.io feature to store this data files?

• yeah I dont really trust webstorage for much of anything. It just seems completely unsafe for any kind of game save type storage. About all I plan to use it for is game client settings like saving username so you dont have to type it everytime... stuff like that

• Compressing as ZIP is not encrypting.

It's hard to really see the point here, and especially, why not use my MD5 plugin for example to encrypt the JSON string if that's what you want?

Then you can send stuff with AJAX to a website of your own (if you want "cloud saving") or yes use clay.io or some service like that.

I'm sorry, but I really don't get the point here.

Your case example makes little sense to me, I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to do in points 2 and 5.

And as mentioned earlier, if you want to do "cloud saving", all the tools are already available there.

Also you mix cheating and cache clearing, it's really confusing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We're working on a data storage feature (you'll be able to store JSON on our servers). I can't give you a good estimate of when that will be done however.

• Compressing as ZIP is not encrypting.

It's hard to really see the point here, and especially, why not use my MD5 plugin for example to encrypt the JSON string if that's what you want?

Then you can send stuff with AJAX to a website of your own (if you want "cloud saving") or yes use clay.io or some service like that.

I'm sorry, but I really don't get the point here.

Your case example makes little sense to me, I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to do in points 2 and 5.

And as mentioned earlier, if you want to do "cloud saving", all the tools are already available there.

Also you mix cheating and cache clearing, it's really confusing.

Oh, does your plugin about MD5 exists? I will look up, it makes me wonder it can decrypt JSON for other computers, is true?

Yes i meant encrypting JSON, i never told about encrypting ZIP, it's used to store data for gamers, because the gamers know about what is ZIP, but im sure they don't even know what means is json.

ZIP is an excuse to save their personal data for the games on their hard drive.

2 and 5 are more like you download JSON to save data, it may load JSON data for other computers that they want to play. The problem is i don't see how to upload JSON.

• We're working on a data storage feature (you'll be able to store JSON on our servers). I can't give you a good estimate of when that will be done however.

Sounds nice, do the gamers want to pay for extra cloud space?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)