IE load problem

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:28 am

What kind of server are you running? Does it properly support partial GETs? Does any other server have the same issue? If not it seems likely it's a server configuration issue.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 am

@Ashley

1) Everything works from Construct 2 -> Run layout on IE
2) When I've created little project with one sound which is not working and uploaded it on server it works but it was downloaded with status 200 so not partial. Firefox/Chrome also uses full download - 200 and it works.

When application or IE use partial GET and when normal full GET ? How does it work from Construct 2 server ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:34 pm

It shouldn't matter. What kind of server are you running? Does any other server running different software have the same issue?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:03 pm

This is not a problem with server MIME are correct.
Last edited by Sventevith on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Is any possibility to force IE to use HTTP 200 instead HTTP partial GET 206 ? This is probably the problem. When sound is downloaded by normal HTTP 200 everything is ok and works but in case of partial get IE just cut the sound file. I've checked using Wireshark and downloaded file from server is ok size is correct and I am able to play sound. IE just cut the file and file is incomplete. (Dev Tools -> Network -> DETAILS -> Response Body -> Save as).

Do you have any idea how does it works and when IE invoke partial get and when normal get. I've cut the project from all graphics and I've left only sounds and two layouts with test buttons to play sound which in complete project are not downloaded correctly by IE. All sounds have been downloaded with HTTP get 200 and sound is played without problem. In the same project with graphics it doesn't work and IE try to use partial get.

Maybe it depends on volume of data which is download. When load is heavy IE starts to download by partial get. Have you ever had similar problem ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:43 pm

I've done another tests using IE9 IE 10 and IE 11. Results are different for each version but in general sound support for IE is broken.
Some sound works other not different sound on different version of IE. I've found one general rule regarding IE 11. I've truncated my game from 13 levels to only 2 and after that game size is 25 MB and when game is small sound is load correctly. I don't know why but when game is big ~130 MB during downloading IE starts use partial get HTTP 206 which does not work correctly and some of sound files are truncated by IE.

I am going block possibility of using IE to run my game and I will show message on the beginning that IE is not supported.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General