IE problems

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • I have problem with IE.

My config was Windows 7 with IE 9. I had some problems with my project. For example set cursor didn't work and application had problems with sound tag.

So, I've installed IE 11 and sometimes I have problem with sound, set cursor still doesn't work but the biggest problem is performance. When I maximize window performance drops from 60 fps to 15 fps. I didn't have this issue with IE.

It is normal that on IE 11 performance drops and set cursor form sprite doesn't work ? Still sometimes I have problem with Tag is playing.

• IE just isn't that good with running HHTML5 games yet. It's been improving but, always sound and other issues. On desktop most HTML5 games are played with Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Generally speaking,if your games runs well in Chrome, your good to go.

• How about Windows 8 and 8.1 ? Does Windows use the same engine HTML to run Construct2 (HTML5) games like in IE 11 ?

• 8.1 uses IE 11. Has WebGL support....

• So games exported from Construct2 to Windows8+ target will have the same problems ?

• Where does Construct 2's profiler say the CPU time is going? That should help you narrow down what is slow in IE11.

• I've checked with profiler and results are very strange. When I maximize window (no fullscreen) frame rate drops from ~60 (66 fps) to less then 20 fps but cpu usage is the same ~15%. Other strange thing is that when I have window on 80 % of my screen size speed is good ~50 fps so resize to maximum drops frame rate dramatically. Other thing is that even frame rate is not stable and even when cpu usage is stable.

Edit:

I've found problem -> webgl. On canvas2d everything is smoothly.

• It's probably using a software renderer for WebGL mode.

• What can I do and what should I do ?

This is system configuration problem or should I detect in code and switch to canvas2d ? I have new drivers i think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sventevith

I faced similar problem with button cursor.

put this code in head tag- <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="" ie="8">

My button functionality wasnt work when it set button css as background -none .

R u try to invisible ur button?

if so then do it as opacity-0.

Then all button functions will work.

Hope it help u a bit.

Thanks

• There is no good solution (@piuuu - if that succeeded wouldn't it cause the canvas to fail to display at all? IE8 has no HTML5 support at all). Currently there is no good way to identify software rendered vs. hardware rendered WebGL in IE. We already use the "failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat" attribute in Chrome to avoid their software WebGL renderer, and I heard from an IE team member that the next version of IE will also support that, so it will avoid this problem. However until then sometimes IE11 WebGL mode will just be slower.

• There is no good solution (@piuuu - if that succeeded wouldn't it cause the canvas to fail to display at all? IE8 has no HTML5 support at all). Currently there is no good way to identify software rendered vs. hardware rendered WebGL in IE. We already use the "failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat" attribute in Chrome to avoid their software WebGL renderer, and I heard from an IE team member that the next version of IE will also support that, so it will avoid this problem. However until then sometimes IE11 WebGL mode will just be slower.

sure itz not proper solution.

but my client want my game should worked on IE 8.

So i applied it and i worked for me.

• Ashley is any safe possibility to force IE 9-11 to work with set cursor ?

• Ashley is any safe possibility to force IE 9-11 to work with set cursor ?

Sventevith, if you mean set cursor to sprite, you need to use cursor files in IE. This plugin created by thehen is just the ticket!

• Great. I need exactly this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)