IE problems

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:37 pm

There is no good solution (@piuuu - if that succeeded wouldn't it cause the canvas to fail to display at all? IE8 has no HTML5 support at all). Currently there is no good way to identify software rendered vs. hardware rendered WebGL in IE. We already use the "failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat" attribute in Chrome to avoid their software WebGL renderer, and I heard from an IE team member that the next version of IE will also support that, so it will avoid this problem. However until then sometimes IE11 WebGL mode will just be slower.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:47 pm

Ashley wrote:There is no good solution (@piuuu - if that succeeded wouldn't it cause the canvas to fail to display at all? IE8 has no HTML5 support at all). Currently there is no good way to identify software rendered vs. hardware rendered WebGL in IE. We already use the "failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat" attribute in Chrome to avoid their software WebGL renderer, and I heard from an IE team member that the next version of IE will also support that, so it will avoid this problem. However until then sometimes IE11 WebGL mode will just be slower.

sure itz not proper solution.
but my client want my game should worked on IE 8.
So i applied it and i worked for me.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:51 am

@Ashley is any safe possibility to force IE 9-11 to work with set cursor ?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:28 pm

Sventevith wrote:@Ashley is any safe possibility to force IE 9-11 to work with set cursor ?

@Sventevith, if you mean set cursor to sprite, you need to use cursor files in IE. This plugin created by thehen is just the ticket!
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:04 pm

Great. I need exactly this :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General