If Divekick Was A Platformer

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:55 am

Hi, I just bought some art assets and decided I'd play about with them for an hour and made It's Nothing Personal, which I describe as feeling a bit like Dive Kick or Mount Your Friends. I think it came out surprisingly well and will probably spend more time on it but would like to see what you guys think. It's a two player game and can be found at http://www.scirra.com/arcade/action/6258/its-nothing-personal

I hope to add:
    A game mode where you can sacrifice a bit of speed for higher jumps or vicaversa
    A mode where you pick upgrades for your speed/jumps
    More complex stages, with multiple layers, jump through surfaces and hazards
    The option to change the amount of lives you start with

I like the idea of not having traditional menus and keeping everything in gameplay (like the restart button)

So, thoughts are appreciated. And if you got a chance to check out some of my other prototypes that'd be even better. Thanks,
Jordan
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:24 am

Wow its pretty good actually
How much did those assets cost?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm

It was part of a humble bundle thing, definitely worth a look. All in all I donated $10. It ends in 9 hours though http://open.commonly.cc/
Did you have any other feedback about the game itself?
Thanks! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:45 pm

I really like the prototype game, and it would be nice to have a single player experience where the player can choose difficulty settings. Other than that, I think the ideas you have about upgrades and changing map layouts will be a great addition to the game itself. More lives would be nice ;) for such a fast past game.

Will let you know if anything else comes to mind :)
B
S

Return to Completed Creations