IGB Phase #2 - Character Creation Kit & Kickstarter

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:29 pm

We have 4 artists working on this one. Last time just me and a relative doing everything and I always felt rushed. This time we are working longer on specific styles so assets will work better together. Expect alot of pixel art. I like the fact we can take our time and release updates on steam. Before, I had to email everyone the updates, it was a pain.

There have been several people that have emailed me and said they sold there games with the assets, so I was happy to see it worked for some people first time around.

Here is a sample of the animated icon pack I'm making:

Image Image Image Image

Remember, just a sample. There are alot more pieces then that =D You can see how I'm making things in pieces as much as possible with the bottle, candle, and chest.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:56 am

An absolute must have. Just pledged. Hope this gets funded, could be a major resource for the community.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 am

Hopefully this time there will be 2D tilesets that aren't strictly super low res and pixelated... I would take a good look at http://kenney.nl/assets for a great example of how non-pixel art tilesets can be made to look great.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:12 pm

looking great
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:12 pm

I love the idea of this project!
I have also thought about adding customization options for each body part to my project, InDee Toons (also on Kickstarter), but this seems to be a lot easier for pixel art.

Great idea, good luck to you!
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi guys, looks like this is going to be a close one. In a way, I can't wait tell it's over so I can get back to making graphics. Of course a few things will be alot easier if the kickstarter succeeds. Thank you to those that believe in the project and in me.

Edit: I just checked out InDee Toons, and I see great potential in that as well. You must have spent alot of time designing those characters.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Only 3 days left !

Come on guys, I want these sprites!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources